What's new

Vie-Long Horse receives a Make-over... Now the Green Lantern

That's pretty damn sweet, it didn't look as nice in Rudy's picture.

Quick question for you mftoms59, does the vie long have a break in period? My olive handled version is still prickly after 20 lathers, I'm starting to wonder if it will ever break.

oh wow, this is much better. the initial picture was just so totally wrong. i'm actually waiting for my own custom rudy brush to arrive. i'm also going to have to give rudy some photography lessons ;-)
v.
http://vukfoto.com

I think the translucence of the handle adds some difficulty to nailing the actual color in the photo, it's one of the reasons I tried light and dark backgrounds with and without the Flash. It is a true Jade Green and not Lime as it appears in some photos. I think Rudy does deserve some slack on his photos, they're mainly to provide an overview of the look of the brush when the knot has been seated, but not glued in the handle. This helps the buyer to determine if his loft request provides a proper ratio of Hair to Brush, a loft that is too long or short could detract from the overall look, but not necessarily the performance, of your Brush and gives you the final call before it's set. I'm impressed with the look and performance of the handle, as I stated before, even when it was wet there was no slip or loss of grip as I experienced with the original handle. I think when you actually receive your Brush from Rudy it will exceed the initial photo you're sent, enjoy your Brush and post some photos upon reception.

That's pretty damn sweet, it didn't look as nice in Rudy's picture.

Quick question for you mftoms59, does the vie long have a break in period? My olive handled version is still prickly after 20 lathers, I'm starting to wonder if it will ever break.

The Vie-Long Horses do get better with use and with the 8 Vie-Longs I've experienced, especially the Olivewood, I found very minimal prickliness. You might gently spread the knot and check for any extra thick Hairs, I've found one or two but I can't remember which brush, one of my Turkish Horses (4). I had cut ~1/16" below the tip since they mainly provide Backbone, with no ill effects to the backbone or lathering ability of the Brush.

Last edited:
Awesome brush! It's nice to see someone else try out the flask shape. How does it feel in the hand at that size? Mine is really comfortable... at least in the giant 30mm size.

does the vie long have a break in period? My olive handled version is still prickly after 20 lathers, I'm starting to wonder if it will ever break.

My two cents is that my horse always a bit prickly and needed a light touch on the face to keep the thin hairs from poking me.

Awesome brush! It's nice to see someone else try out the flask shape. How does it feel in the hand at that size? Mine is really comfortable... at least in the giant 30mm size...

I love the feeling, the bulb makes a great shape to sit in your hand and the thread around the neck provides a no-slip grip, no cramping of my hand after use. I prefer the bulb or sphere shaped handles to cylindrical or squarish shapes. Thanks, your post on Rudy's thread gave me the shape choice.

Top Bottom