What's new

Can anyone identify this Russian DE?

I am no expert but it says Moscow 1965 in Latin, and than Cyrillic on the bottom right. I think it might be a Lux razor, but someone much more knowledgeable will chime in.

Last edited:
I can only see one picture on my computer - the outside shot of the razor in its box.

It says: Moscow 1965

Meridian - I guess that's the model name.

The blade packet is labeled Sputnik, in both Latin and Cyrillic.

Nice find. I have a couple of similar razors, but nickel-plated. They are clearly Gillette knock-offs, but you may find that they are a bit bigger than the originals, to fit the superior hands of Soviet Man.

Thanks guys! The 2 to 4 weeks to get it from the Ukraine is killing me. I'll be interested to see for myself how good the quality is. I'm new to both wet shaving and collecting but when the bug bit me, it bit me hard.

Thanks guys! The 2 to 4 weeks to get it from the Ukraine is killing me. I'll be interested to see for myself how good the quality is. I'm new to both wet shaving and collecting but when the bug bit me, it bit me hard.

Let us know how it shaves compared to the Gillette's, nice haul.

I'll do that. Now I just need to get a Gillette Slim to compare it to. I'm currently using a DE89 (logs onto eBay). ;)

Said with a Russian accent!!!.........I dont know but it it is Russian made so it shave like ragin bull, for strong Rusky face, not for use on supple westerners skin.

Lucky for me my ancestors were of Eastern European descent and strong like Russian bull. ;)

Well, I've won the '66 L4 Slim. I'll be interested to compare the two side by side.

My razor has arrived from Ukraine today and I've had a chance to use it. I'm expecting my Gillette Slim to arrive any day now for comparison but I can honestly say that I'm very impressed with its Russian copy. It arrived in NOS condition and feels very sturdy. It's got a good heft to it and the mechanics are smooth and precise. I used it on its 3rd setting with a fresh Derby blade. The shave was very comfortable with no irritation even against the grain on my 3rd pass. I dare say that it was even more comfortable than my EJ DE89. Granted, the finish on the EJ is obviously better but this Russian adjustable is a very respectable daily shaver. I didn't get quite the BBS I do with my EJ. However, It's definitely a DFS.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Wet shaving for the masses comrade!!!!!!!! But seriously, that is one gangster razor. It wouldnt have been as cool if you didnt get the case and everything with it.

Last edited:
My razor has arrived from Ukraine today and I've had a chance to use it. I'm expecting my Gillette Slim to arrive any day now for comparison but I can honestly say that I'm very impressed with its Russian copy. It arrived in NOS condition and feels very sturdy. It's got a good heft to it and the mechanics are smooth and precise. I used it on its 3rd setting with a fresh Derby blade. The shave was very comfortable with no irritation even against the grain on my 3rd pass. I dare say that it was even more comfortable than my EJ DE89. Granted, the finish on the EJ is obviously better but this Russian adjustable is a very respectable daily shaver. I didn't get quite the BBS I do with my EJ. However, It's definitely a DFS.

proxy.php

That's awesome news, gotta see what you think of the Slim when it arrives compared to the Russian razor.

A Slim-sky...I have a copy of the plastic blade tray Super Adjustable - a Black-Beautsky - on order!:001_smile

Attachments

• $Russian Black Beauty copy.jpg
    $Russian Black Beauty copy.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 142
Top Bottom