What's new

I need a new billfold

Billfold/Wallet - is there a difference?

Anyway, I need to purchase a new wallet. The last two that I've had were the cheap $10.00 kind. The problem that I have is my primary credit/debit card keeps breaking. I suspect it has to do with where it is placed.

I currently carry a bi-fold. I would like something sturdy, I wear jeans most of the time, but occasionally need to wear something nicer.

I don't carry much, insurance card, DL, 2 credit cards, a few other cards as well. I would prefer that it's not overly expensive. But, then again, I don't know what a mid-range wallet goes for...

Can you help?

Thanks!!

If you find anything of interest, please tell me because I am after the same thing. I rarely carry money, maybe a single note or so, rarely any coins. I only have the same; medicare card, insurance card, DL, credit and debit card, maybe a business card or two.

S

Sam

I love my saddleback leather card wallet. Room for a few bills and receipts as well as what you say you carry. that or the one from col. littleton, for front use

So my wife told me she was going to get me a Saddleback wallet for Father's Day, because my current wallet is falling apart. It was going to be the medium bi-fold in dark coffee and I was so excited.

And then the day before hand she told me she didn't get it for me, so don't get my hopes up. I was devastated. She told me to just go buy it for myself, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe I should just do it now.

http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLAT...?Params=Category=15-529|Level=2-3|pageid=8054

That's the wallet I've been using for over 5 years now. A little pricey, but it really stands up to the test of time. I typically wear jeans, but when I do wear a suit, the wallet still fits in. The clip in the middle that holds the bills is very sturdy, even after several years it still holds tight, but lets you slip a single bill out of a "pack" of others without yanking half the bills out of place. Very slim design, it's barely noticeable when you drive (in the past, I've had to take my wallet out of my back pocket, because it would jack up my back and hip while driving).

All in all, a very good purchase.

So my wife told me she was going to get me a Saddleback wallet for Father's Day, because my current wallet is falling apart. It was going to be the medium bi-fold in dark coffee and I was so excited.

And then the day before hand she told me she didn't get it for me, so don't get my hopes up. I was devastated. She told me to just go buy it for myself, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe I should just do it now.
I have that wallet and love it. Buy it for yourself.

I used to go through a cheap wallet every year. Last year I decided I was sick of buying a new one every year, and decided to try something more high end to see if it would last. I ended up with a wallet from Johnston & Murphy, and it's still looking great a year and a half later.

I recommend a Filson wallet. Also, store your cards that have a magnetic strip or barcode upside down so that the strip/code is more protected. Since I started doing that I have yet to have a broken card.

I recommend a Filson wallet. Also, store your cards that have a magnetic strip or barcode upside down so that the strip/code is more protected. Since I started doing that I have yet to have a broken card.

I actually do store them upside down (NOW!!). But the base is now cracking. I'm seriously considering getting either a front pocket wallet, or I thought a trifold would prevent the cracking due to the cards being stored vertically.

I actually do store them upside down (NOW!!). But the base is now cracking. I'm seriously considering getting either a front pocket wallet, or I thought a trifold would prevent the cracking due to the cards being stored vertically.

I've never thought about this before. I carry my bifold in my back pocket "sideways" I guess so that the cards are vertical. I've never even thought about putting it in the other way because I thought it would be too uncomfortable. Putting it sideways gives it enough wiggle room to slide out to the side of my hip so I'm not actually directly sitting on the thing.

I have the Saddleback Passport wallet. In fact, I had never heard of the company until I started searching for leather passport wallets. Big mistake (because I like a lot of the products, even the ones I'd never need). I keep three cards in the top slot and my driver's license, pistol permit, and three of my business cards in the bottom slot. There's a slot to put cash behind the cards. The flap on the inside is for my passport when I'm out of the country and receipts when I'm in the country. The front flap is reserved for 2 notecards that I have trimmed to an appropriate size for my to do lists and notes. Gone are the days of carrying a checkbook sized wallet with every receipt I've ever gotten. I thought the passport wallet would be reserved for travel only, but it's just too handy and comfortable to justify another purchase. Plus, stacking the cards on top of one another instead of having one single taller stack makes it more flat overall.

A

angrystan

I am here to advocate for the All-ett: http://www.all-ett.com/

As a guy who usually carries six cards, and two credit-card-sized gadgets that get me into either work or home, the "card case" works beautifully as a front pocket wallet. It looks like a gimmick, but the cards actually give the otherwise flimsy All-ett structure. I don't even have to take the credit-card-sized gadgets out of the wallet to get in, just hold the whole wallet up to the sensor. My leather card case is six years old and is holding up nicely despite its modest price. It is quite simple, basic black and goes with everything from swim togs to the three-piece.

I tend to fold my folding money as though it had a money clip, even through I never managed to actually get the clip.

I have a saddleback and it cracks all my credit cards. The leather is just too thick. I love it but it may have to go.

I think I'm going to go with a front pocket wallet. Something with a money clip and a pocket to hold my ID and the few other things that I actually need to carry. I carry a Moleskine anyway, so I'd only have a couple things to go in that...

Top Bottom