What's new

Merkur Progress Problem

When I went to do my weekly blade change, the head of my Progress completely separated from the handle. I was able to re-assemble the internal spring and put everything back together, but it looks like every time I change the blade the same thing is going to happen all over again.
Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? Anyone know if Merkur will provide a replacement?

Merkur are very proud of their quality products. I would contact the vendor first, but Merkur are normally happy to replace defective products.

Paul

My only caveat--I had it modified by Eric re metal knob ( I'm NOT suggesting this caused the problem, just that it might make a replacement complicated)

My only caveat--I had it modified by Eric re metal knob ( I'm NOT suggesting this caused the problem, just that it might make a replacement complicated)
I really think you should contact the retailer you bought it from. You're going to have to get a new one, swap knobs, and then send it back. Your retailer can help you do this much better than long-distance to Germany. Also, when I returned a Merkur that had a problem, the dealer replaced it, and I didn't have to pay shipping to/from Germany.

I think you're probably correct about returning it to the retailer. Now if I could only remember who I bought it from...

Top Bottom