What's new

Participation Thread - The Website from H*ck SOTD - 7/7/07

I'm opening up the participation thread so that our European and overseas members can join in!

I wish all of you a great shave tomorrow!

At least here in the Eastern Time Zone. :wink:

I started off my QED day tonight (evening of the 6th) with:

QED French Green Clay mask w/ QED DaVinci Water
QED Peppermint Hydrosol for toning/moisturizing after the mask

Then later this afternoon, before a wedding I'm supposed to attend:

Hot shower
Proraso Pre-Post during shower
'58 TV SS w/ Dorco blade (Day 1)
Savile Row 3124
QED Lavender soap + QED Sandalwood soap
Warm water rinse
Cold water rinse
Aqua Velva A/S splash
Cold Water splash
QED Lemon Verbena Hydrosol
QED Lavender A/S Skin Conditioner + QED Texas Cedarwood A/S Skin Conditioner + Mama Bear's Menthol A/S Milk
Ungaro Ungaro III EdT

Ahhhh, a QED kind of day. One of the best. Great idea for a theme day!!! :thumbup1: :thumbup:

Unfortunately, my QED orders have only been for his shaving soaps so I don't have much to list. Nonetheless..

Merkur Progress w/Swedish Gillette
Kingsley Super Badger brush
QED Fresh Lime shaving soap
Proraso Pre & Post cream

I have to get a pasted strop or a hone so I can sharpen my straight razors. Until then, I'm a DE man.

Simpson Super Major Soaking in Hotel Scuttle
QED Lime Oil stick Soap
British Gillette Flat Tray Jr. Aristocrat - Gillette Swed Shave 2
3 Passes
WWR
CWS
QED Alum
Pinaud Classic Vanilla AS
QED Lemon Peel ASB
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic
Finished With Floris Lime

Charles is the Man:thumbup1:

MUSIC: The Road to Hell – Chris Rea

Hot Shower

Mitchell’s Wool Fat Bath Soap (sample, thanks to John @ Shaving Essentials), MB’s Rosemary/Mint Shampoo, Avalon Organics Rosemary Conditioner

4” Coors Mortar
2006 Badger & Blade Limited Edition Finest Silver Tip in Horn (Edwin Jagger)
QED Badger & Blade Limited Edition SS
2006 Badger & Blade Limited Edition in Horn (Edwin Jagger) w/ Fresh Crystal
3 passes
No Styptic Pencil
WWR
CWR
Alum Bock
CWR
Osage Rub
QED Da Vinci Water
QED Texas Cedarwood ASB
Penhaligon’s Quercus Cologne

Pinaud Clubman Hair Tonic

I am always surprised at the amount of lather and slickness of Charles’ soaps. There was at least enough lather for three 3 pass shaves in the lather bowl. This was also my first use of the B&B 2006 razor, quite nice. The handle was a little awkward at first but once I got use to it, provided a good grip.

It was also my first use of the Mitchell’s soaps, VERY moisturizing. This will have to become part of my regimen.

Have an outstanding day!

19?? silver-plated Gillette "Old Type" (DG emblem) w/Israeli Personna blade
"Frank", Sterling-silver pure-badger shaving brush
"Nora", Sterling-silver shaving mug
QED Vetiver shaving soap
No styptic pencil
Witch-hazel
L'Occitane Vetyver EDT

Gillette Slim Adjustable w/ Derby blade

In the shower, my QED top 3 shave sticks....

EDIT: AOS starter "best" brush

First pass (wtg), Rose Geranium
Second pass (xtg), Lime
Thrid pass (atg), Sandalwood

Afterwards a good splash of witch hazel followed by QED Lavender ASB.

Finally, a spritz of SCS Embrace (does this count since there's "charles" in the name?).

Merkur Vision w/IP blade
Savile Row 3120
QED wild rose shaving soap
QED rose geranium ASB
B&B EDT

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Mergress (originally from QED) with IP
Shavemac 177
QED Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint Shave Stick
Moss Scuttle
Aqua Velva AS

2006 Badger & Blade Limited Edition Finest Silver Tip in Horn (Edwin Jagger)

Great minds think alike! I also used this brush. :w00t:

Slant w/ IP
QED Sandalwood
Speick A/S
QED Aftershave Conditioner Balm - Lime

Goth Rosary's Samhein EdT (To keep with the website from H*ck theme. :biggrin: :wink: This is a great scent though and works very well with the sandalwood.)

The sandalwood soap was my first ever purchase from QED when I started wet shaving. It is fitting that it is used today as it is my smoothest shaving soap and the scent is sublime!

Thank you very much for your hard work and great service Charles! :w00t: :w00t:

I have donned my kilt for the day and I'm off to run errands and maybe a round of golf with Jenesee!

Charles has responded to the SoTD in his honor:

====

Well, Seth, I am truly honored. How nice to be recognized by customers. I am also a bit embarrassed because I'm not a person who likes to be in the limelight. Still, it is much better the limelight than the hot-seat. I thank you for getting the "Charles Day" started and must myself participate with Casablanca Bath Soap in the Shower this evening ... I am, you see, a big fan of American films of the 40's ... I am also a big fan of things American, tired of the world criticism of this wonderful country ... and so as I continue to develop other toiletries they will not take on names like Lord Nelson but something very American, toe-tapping, like "Begin the Beguine" ... what a way to start the start, "Begin the Beguine" bath soap. Ahh, not familiar with it, you say ... well, listen to the song here, and watch something really American ...

Warmest regards,

Charles
Q E D

===

(There was a large music file attached which is what he is referring to at the end of his letter.)

(QED find) Carved and Polished Oosic Handled Merkur with an American Safety Razor Chrome Steel Corker:w00t:
SR 3118 Il Bambino
QED Sandalwood Soap
QED DaVinci Water
QED Original After Shave Skin Conditioner
Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood Cologne

It just seemed fitting! :thumbup1:

Great minds think alike! I also used this brush. :w00t:

Slant w/ IP
QED Sandalwood
Speick A/S
QED Aftershave Conditioner Balm - Lime

Goth Rosary's Samhein EdT (To keep with the website from H*ck theme. :biggrin: :wink: This is a great scent though and works very well with the sandalwood.)

The sandalwood soap was my first ever purchase from QED when I started wet shaving. It is fitting that it is used today as it is my smoothest shaving soap and the scent is sublime!

Thank you very much for your hard work and great service Charles! :w00t: :w00t:

I have donned my kilt for the day and I'm off to run errands and maybe a round of golf with Jenesee!

I am also a great fan of the 40's & 50's movies. I had picked out Bogie as my avatar (my favorite actor) until I saw I had been preempted, so Londo sort of fits. :biggrin1:

Charles has responded to the SoTD in his honor:

====

Well, Seth, I am truly honored. How nice to be recognized by customers. I am also a bit embarrassed because I'm not a person who likes to be in the limelight. Still, it is much better the limelight than the hot-seat. I thank you for getting the "Charles Day" started and must myself participate with Casablanca Bath Soap in the Shower this evening ... I am, you see, a big fan of American films of the 40's ... I am also a big fan of things American, tired of the world criticism of this wonderful country ... and so as I continue to develop other toiletries they will not take on names like Lord Nelson but something very American, toe-tapping, like "Begin the Beguine" ... what a way to start the start, "Begin the Beguine" bath soap. Ahh, not familiar with it, you say ... well, listen to the song here, and watch something really American ...

Warmest regards,

Charles
Q E D

===

(There was a large music file attached which is what he is referring to at the end of his letter.)

Not too many QED made products...but I did what I could...

Music: Beatles Rubber Soul (perhaps Charles has heard this)

HD w/ red personna (Charles sells this)
C&E BBB
TOBS St. James SC (bought by me from Charles)
Thayer's original unscented WH
QEDman cyress EO aftershave skin conditioner

then a shower

the Jeris hair tonic

2006 B&B Brush Horn in Finest
Merkur Slant w/ Derby blade
QED Wild Rose SS :thumbup1:
Crystal Stick Alum
Thayers Rose
Old Spice AS
Rufus Wainwright "Release the Stars" (2007)

QED Wild Rose Shaving Soap. -- a real turn on
QED Da Vinci Water
QED A/S Conditioner, Vetiver EO

Have a great day, Charles--we admire you and we're crazy about your products and service.

Drinking Charles' health with a cup of tea here in Connecticut.:thumbup:

Tonight will include a QED green clay mask w/ DVH2O and a cup of silver pine tea from Charles for both Jenesee and I.

Friday Night was a French Green Clay Mask with Davinci H20.

Saturday...

Merkur Progress-IP Purchased through Charles
SR 3120 Purchased through Charles
QED Bergamot Shaving Soap made by Charles
Davinci H20 invented by Charles
Dab o' T&H Classic Balm
Penhaligon's Douro EDT

A great day for a great vendor. :thumbup:

Top Bottom