What's new

Red tip vs other flare tips?

I've seen a few people talking about the joy of shaving with a red tip, some claiming it's specifically because of the weight of the thing. Are the red tips that different from the other flare tipped super speeds?

There is a distinct weight difference between the Red Tip and other SuperSpeeds. The head is bigger and heavier. The Red Tip is my go-to razor most of the time, but I'm not crazy about the regular flair tips. I find the difference very noticeable.

I have several of each. The red tip is heavier , but I get great shaves from either one. I don't think I get a closer shave out of one or the other , but If I have more than a couple days worth , the extra weight of the red tip will plow through a little easier.

Red tips have a larger blade gap than the regular flare tips - combined with being a bit heavier, that ends up giving you a more aggressive shave.

The blade angle is also supposed to be a little different with a Red Tip due to the larger blade gap, I cannot back this up with science of course.

Hello.
With the Red Tip I can vary the shave angel a little bit what makes may shave under the chin a bit easier :thumbup1:.
His weight is noticeable higher than my 58er TV, the "Parat" & 60er SS and near my favorite razor, the slant.

I´m afraid that I have now an Red Tip in my collection :thumbup: because it gives me wonderful shaves.
Try it ... :w00t:.

Greetings

ANdreas

Top Bottom