What's new

Vintage Shaving Memories

I just won an auction on Ebay for a NOS bottle of Yardley aftershave. I probably bid more then I should have ($34 incl shipping), but I remember it from my Dad shaving in my pre-school days (early '60's).
He's been gone a few years now, but the picture of the bottle of Yardley brought back many memories. I now remember he shaved with a Gillette Blue-tip & also used Yardley soap in a wooden bowl.
I can remember having to stand on the toilet seat because I wasn't tall enough to see into the sink.
Has anyone else made shaving purchases because of the memories?

Hmmm, wonder if I'll run across the soap?...

I just won an auction on Ebay for a NOS bottle of Yardley aftershave. I probably bid more then I should have ($34 incl shipping), but I remember it from my Dad shaving in my pre-school days (early '60's).
He's been gone a few years now, but the picture of the bottle of Yardley brought back many memories. I now remember he shaved with a Gillette Blue-tip & also used Yardley soap in a wooden bowl.
I can remember having to stand on the toilet seat because I wasn't tall enough to see into the sink.
Has anyone else made shaving purchases because of the memories?

Hmmm, wonder if I'll run across the soap?...

Schick Ultrex and Slim Twin Cartridges. I enjoyed these when they were manufactured for the Trac II and Atra handles. I bought a few for head shaving.

There is some of the soap on ebay right now. The soap is, hands down, one the best shaving soaps ever made. If you can get one with scent still intact it's an even better experience, but be warned this stuff doesn't usually go for cheap. At times it has gotten up to $100 +. Thankfully it hasn't done that lately so I wish you luck should you decide to pursue it.

Hope that helps.

Chris

My father only ever shaved with a safety razor, I can remember him using Wilkinson Sword light brigades,Cussions and Imperial leather shaving sticks.

Top Bottom