What's new

Daily fountain pen

Thanks Brian. I planned on using the syringe to flush the carts out, if that doesn't work out I'll pick up the nasal bulb.

I use the syringe with out the needle, I haven't flushed many of my pens this way and it might not work for all of them. Admittedly it isn't the best solution but it does work for the two pens I have tried it with, a Lamy Safari and a Noodler's eye dropper. I can either form a pressure seal with the syringe, or I can wrap my index finger around the pen and syringe to help form a seal.

The bulb filler sounds like a much better way to flush a pen. It's a pain to keep refilling the syringe!

I'll take some pics soon and do a post in this forum.... I found out about the bulb quite by accident when having problems flushing my "61" flighter

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I just cleaned five of my pens last night, I use a de-soldering bulb that I had with my tools downstairs. Works great to flush ink through the nib. Just pull out the white piece, and the bulb fits right over the bottom. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062742&CAWELAID=107591289

Those work great. Just make sure all the little solder blobs are out first!:ohmy:

Use a new one. Also, the drug store sells an ear bulb device for a couple bucks, I haven't tried one though.

I've been flushing my pens under the tap with cold water or using the syringe but the bulb sounds like a good idea, have to give that a try.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
The bulb syringe is a great option. I clean most of my cartridge pens with this and makes the cleanup quick.

I'm sure it was more then one person !!!!!! Glad to have you here!!!!!! Now could I please have some Ice for my Gin and Tonic ???

Top Bottom