What's new

Post Your Pictures - Puma

Puma Gold

Attachments

• $puma_gold_03.jpg
    $puma_gold_03.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 355
This is my Puma 76, it measures 6/8 and I honed it myself to a super smooth and sharp edge, one of my favourite razors

$photo 2.jpg$photo 1.jpg

As I couldn't get my GD to a satisfying honing, I decided to try my Puma. Still no HHT, but much smoother shave:
$image.jpg$foto.jpg

I've owned 4 or 5 over the last year and a half, all excellent. My favourite and the only one I currently own is the 6/8 Puma 52 which is full hollow with a thumb notch and is a super comfortable, wicked shaving razor. It is also the one I've had in my avatar for quite awhile now.

Hey cool! This is my 500th post!

I have a 52 as well. It is a great razor that feels completely different than my No. 89 Special.

Got a 91 High Class like Cobre's in post 58, used it this morning. I found it in rough shape but had it cleaned up and honed, now out of the 4 shave ready razors I have I reach for this one most.

I just picked up this Puma yesterday, it needed some attention but it cleaned up pretty nice. I will need to grind the edge to get past the chips in the blade. It is quite a thin blade so I'm not sure how it will shave once I take another 1/8 or so off it. I was also wondering if the #36 has anything to do with the year of manufacture... should I assume this indicates 1936 or is there another method to date this razor? Thanks.
$photo-42.jpg

Top Bottom