What's new

Sending EBay packages to Italy

Is it just Italians in Europe or is it all Italians I need to block?

What if the buyer lives in Italy, but is a different nationality? How do I know if I sell something in the US that it won't get in the hands of some Italian?

:001_005:
I'm kidding, but the thread title is worded a little weird. My mother's family is Italian. Grandma came over on the boat.

We don't want to give the impression that we're discriminating against Italians. It's issues with shipping items to the country of Italy. :thumbsup:

Hi, please read the thread title again. I make no specific reference to Italians; just sending to Italy. My all time hero, is Robert de Niro.

Hi, please read the thread title again. I make no specific reference to Italians; just sending to Italy. My all time hero, is Robert de Niro.

I don't think anyone is getting touchy, it was more humorous than anything. :smile:

The original title of the thread was "Selling on eBay to Italians" (or something very close to that).

Last edited:
Hi folks, this is my first post. As I understand it the problem with mailing to Italy stems from a few years back when the Italian government moved the sorting of all international mail to the south of the country as part of an attempt to alleviate serious unemployment there. Unfortunately this put the sorting offices in the sphere of a well known criminal organisation with the resulting problems that are only too familiar to retailers and Ebay sellers who ship internationally. I am one of many Ebay sellers who will not send anything to Italy (along with a number of other countries) even if the buyer is willing to pay for tracking and insurance. It simply isn't worth the hassle.

I wouldn't sell anything to Snooki:lol:.
hey, i
I love snooki, but she's not Italian, she's from Santiago, Chile. She was adopted when she was six months old and was raised by Italian American parents. Ronnie Ortiz-Magro is 1/2 Itallian and 1/2 Puertorican (mother side), JWoww is 1/2 not Italian at all. Her nationality is Spanish-Irish.
How does one go about becoming 1/3 Italian?

Good question...Hey, I suck at my but here's an equation, Each child only has 2 parents, so as far back as you go, the denominator (# of ancestors) has to be a power of two. (2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents, etc.) The numerator can be any value up to the denominator.

I = #Italians in your heritage, T = #total relatives.

If I/T = 1/3, then I = T/3.

Therefore based on the above description, the number of relatives must be:
A) a whole number (no such thing as a half-parent);
B) divisible by 3 (so you can have 1/3 of them be Italian); and
C) a power of 2.

Points B & C are at odds with one another. Any number which is a power of two has only 1 and 2 as factors. 3 can never be a factor of 2^n (or 2^n mod 3 <> 0 for all real numbers N).

Therefore, you can never be 1/3 Italian, or any other race for that matter.

9 generations out, if you had 341 Italians (out of 1024), you would be 33.3% Italian.

...although I suppose if you had an infinite number of ancestors, then you could get infinitely close to 1/3 Italian.

Last edited:
hey, i
I love snooki, but she's not Italian, she's from Santiago, Chile. She was adopted when she was six months old and was raised by Italian American parents. Ronnie Ortiz-Magro is 1/2 Itallian and 1/2 Puertorican (mother side), JWoww is 1/2 not Italian at all. Her nationality is Spanish-Irish.

Good question...Hey, I suck at my but here's an equation, Each child only has 2 parents, so as far back as you go, the denominator (# of ancestors) has to be a power of two. (2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents, 16 great-great-grandparents, etc.) The numerator can be any value up to the denominator.

I = #Italians in your heritage, T = #total relatives.

If I/T = 1/3, then I = T/3.

Therefore based on the above description, the number of relatives must be:
A) a whole number (no such thing as a half-parent);
B) divisible by 3 (so you can have 1/3 of them be Italian); and
C) a power of 2.

Points B & C are at odds with one another. Any number which is a power of two has only 1 and 2 as factors. 3 can never be a factor of 2^n (or 2^n mod 3 <> 0 for all real numbers N).

Therefore, you can never be 1/3 Italian, or any other race for that matter.

9 generations out, if you had 341 Italians (out of 1024), you would be 33.3% Italian.

...although I suppose if you had an infinite number of ancestors, then you could get infinitely close to 1/3 Italian.

For once I understand exactly what you're saying. :lol:

hey, i

I haven't seen the show, but I have seen Snooki and she is cute! Now I just have to wonder if she is safe to date (I have heard of her partying ways and don't know what that entails for her).

It's been edited!! Sorry I had no idea; who reads their own posts over again!? Anyway thanks for the info. I'm off to Ebay to make a few miner adjustments.

Top Bottom