What's new

Question for you large knot brush lovers.

And y'all know who you are.

Have you tried any of the Saville Row 30mm brushes such as this one:
=====================================
http://www.qedusa.com/savile-savile...-p-127.html?osCsid=9g7qam545gg47krshi7bds2de3
=======================================

I was wondering how it compares to a M&F Blonde.
I see that the loft is considerably more, 64mm.

I love my M&F 28mm, and am shopping for a 30mm. I guess I could get another M&F since I have a hard time imagining another that I would like so much, so I was curious about your opinions of the SR.
I like to try different brushes.

I read the other thread where a SR owner was comparing his to a M&F. His was a 24mm though and I expect that the size would make a noticeable difference.

What do you think ?

I have the Savile Row 3824. The brush is outstanding in all respects. I also have Simpsons that I love. If forced to only have 1 brush it would be the Savile Row 3824.

SR is about the only large brush I haven't tried yet. Sorry, brother....

People do seem to like them and they are a good value. I'm sure one day one will show up here:thumbup: but so far they just haven't been high enough up my list.

I do think a 30mm blonde would be an excellent choice and between the two, it's what I'd go for:lol: (okay, fine, we're working out the details:001_rolle)

30s seem to be an odd lot for me. Don't get me wrong, I love them all but finding the right loft/grade of hair/handle seems harder than smaller sizes. I can pick up almost any 26-28mm brush and it's fine but with the 30s I've tried, they are too tall or too short or too dense or not dense enough or.... And then there's that think Vlad had built with a beer can for a handle:lol: Yikes!

I can take any brush I own and tell you exactly what I want to change about it but I have yet to find that one that exactly hits my sweet spot. For example, my 30mm Finest is great but, i suspect, lowering the loft by 6-8 mm would make it amazing! I'm guessing that the added diameter amplifies the effects over the smaller versions. But that's only a guess.

Anyway, if you do get one, be sure to post your impressions.

Ken

Two 32 mm Savile Rows...just way too much badger...

proxy.php

Two 32 mm Savile Rows...just way too much badger...

proxy.php

But they sure are beautiful!:thumbup:

I can see those being a bit on the large side, though, Peter.

Nice brushes, none the less. Do they actually feel larger than a Polo 14? looks like they might.

Ken

Top Bottom