Castle Forbes Lavender

I love lavender, so much so that my alleyway is lined with English Lavender
plants. I decided to pick up the travel-size Castle Forbes shaving cream and
aftershave balm in lavender scent. I wanted to see just how close their
interpretation of lavender is to my plants. All I can say is: AMAZING! I would
not hesitate to say that I just had one of the most enjoyable shaves of my
entire life. The cream produces mountains of rich luxurious lather, and both it
and the aftershave balm have an absolutely intoxicating aroma. A little goes
a very long way, but when they run out, I'll be buying the full-sized versions.

Wonderful products. Expensive, but worth every cent.

I bought some soap about a week ago. The guy at the store gave me two samples of Castle Forbes lime. It was amazing. I wish I would have spent the extra money on that instead of buying the Mitchells wool fat. Don't get me wrong I like the MWF but the Castle Forbes beat it hands down.

I bought some soap about a week ago. The guy at the store gave me two samples of Castle Forbes lime. It was amazing. I wish I would have spent the extra money on that instead of buying the Mitchells wool fat. Don't get me wrong I like the MWF but the Castle Forbes beat it hands down.

Thats funny. I just passed on the CF for MWF too. I will have to correct that mistake later on.

I do like the Fat, also Tabac.

The cream I used this morning followed by SCS Lavender Splash and SCS Lavender EdT. Spring cannot arrive soon enough. All the CF creams are outstanding but the Lavender is my favorite. Not so much a fan of the balm.

CF creams are a bit rich for my blood, but if I was going to pay £20 for a tub of anything, this would be it.

CF creams are a bit rich for my blood, but if I was going to pay £20 for a tub of anything, this would be it.

Suppose to get a bonus next week.....put it aside to pay the x alimony or buy a years worth of CF...hmmm decisions decisions.

It is excellent stuff with a scent that's off the charts. Just don't make the same mistake that I did with it if you still have not used this yet. Treat it like a soap not a cream. For too long I used it like a cream and tried to whip up later in a bowl. I've since purchased a boar brush and used it like a soap wtih results that simply stunned me.

It is excellent stuff with a scent that's off the charts. Just don't make the same mistake that I did with it if you still have not used this yet. Treat it like a soap not a cream. For too long I used it like a cream and tried to whip up later in a bowl. I've since purchased a boar brush and used it like a soap wtih results that simply stunned me.

:closedeye I use CF to lather in my scuttle with a Savile Row 3824 all the time and it produces absolutely fantastic lather. It works fine if you treat it like a cream.

count me as a sceptic. despite all the hype about cf lime (and the blurb on the cf lime package about it being for those who want to avoid nicks and scrapes) i find it LESS "protective" than my other creams. so forgive me if i pass on the lavender flavor.
i like lavender tho and am more than happy with the t&h lavender. fewer weepers and nicks than cf lime and a little less expensive. (certainly more elegant packaging than the castle forbes' ordinary offering).
just my two scents...
jr/john

AOS Lavender is $22.00 here in FL, about $15.00 less expensive, and it's close to the CF, both in scent and quality.

AOS Lavender is $22.00 here in FL, about $15.00 less expensive, and it's close to the CF, both in scent and quality.

I like the scent of the CF a little better, but the performance of the AoS takes the cake for me. Both good products.

Do you two understand you are now marked men? For heaven's sake, you think you can waltz into B&B and start spouting off truth like that? Saying that AOS is a superb cream that belongs in the ranks of the other top shelf lathers we all use. Yeah well, I don't care if it is the truth. You are not supposed to say it in public because everyone who is anyone knows that AOS is a "fake" company who makes questionable products at exorbitant prices. I mean, I don't care if Trumper, Harris, and T&H creams are all 6-12 dollars per jar more expensive. You just don't get it.

Sorry old lads. I was just having a bit of fun before the whole AOS is the child of the anti-Christ talk starts. I love Castle Forbes and champion it unreservedly. It IS better than AOS in my experience. However, if they quit making it tomorrow, I would not hesitate to replace it with AOS lavender. So there. Now I am marked for death too.

Regards Todd

The scent of both the Lavender and the Lime is excuisite to my nose. I don't believe the protection these soaps offer is the best( I reserve that place for AK1869), but I certainly enjoy every shave I have with Castle Forbes.

Top Bottom