What's new

Walking Dead thread...

I was sad to see Rubicon go, too. I really wanted to start getting into it and I liked what I saw of it.

AMC is apparently having some strife within. Management wants to shorten episodes, cut back production, and lessen budgets, which isn't flying too well with the artists and viewers.

They've cut Mad Men down from 47 mins to 45 (I understand that, it's a hit, actors get new contracts in line with its success, gotta have more commercial revenue...), they want to spread the final 16 episodes of Breaking Bad out over two seasons (awww CMON!), they apparently lowered the budget of The Walking Dead so much so that Frank Darabont has walked away from the show. OUCH! I hope that doesn't ruin everything.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
This is one show I am waiting in anticipation for. I hope the budget cuts do not effect it.

Can't wait!! I only found this thanks to you guys here at B&B. I watched the whole season one night when they ran them all back in Feb or March. Very awesome show with some in depth character developments. You definitely get a bit more than you expect from a zombie show.

Jay

Never seen it as I don't watch TV, I am a huge zombie fan though, may consider getting the DVD's, I have heard a lot of good things about the series.

Wow. Season 2 still not out? Due October. What are they playing at?

At least I can watch Falling Skies. It's about aliens not zombies, but the feel of the show is remarkably similar.

I hope so too. I also don't think the show will be quite the same without Frank Darabont either. guess we'll have to wait and see if AMC blows this one

? they lost the writer? i had no idea....i watch the show, but don't follow it on forums and online. i can't see it being as good, the writing was great on the show and not sure it will be the same without him.

oh well, i'm still anxiously awaiting season 2 like the rest of you.

? they lost the writer? i had no idea....i watch the show, but don't follow it on forums and online. i can't see it being as good, the writing was great on the show and not sure it will be the same without him.

That cant be good news. If they add a dog, robot or baby to the show..it's over.

Last edited by a moderator:

from what I've read, Frank Darabont was fired after he protested the budget cuts to season 2. I agree though, without Darabont I think season 2 will suffer, not just from the lack of budget but also the writing. Makes me wonder if The Walking Dead will go the same way as Heroes - starts off great but then goes downhill after season 1.

article here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-dead-what-happened-fired-221449

Last edited:
When I first heard about FD leaving, I was worried for the show, but now that I think about it I'm not so concerned.

Darabont had great vision for the show, but (maybe?) they'll keep the momentum of season one. They'll keep some thrills and chills, some explosions, the timely or untimely death of a key character, new survivors joining the clan, interesting sub plots, but in the end there's a formula and they can probably get some half decent writers (probably already on staff from last year) to carry the torch without missing too much rhythm. I mean, after all, it IS a zombie series. It can't go on forever without getting stale, but hopefully they can get three or four good seasons out of it. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, though.

Now, if they add Rosie O'Donnell to the cast I'll be OUT.

If anyone is interested, they are showing the first 6 episodes on AMC on demand. I have Time Warner Cable and it might differ for you.

I love this show and I am really hoping they can build on a strong first season. I appreciate how they don't use the 'pop out of a closet' cheap zombie tactics. If you like this show you would probable like Joe McKinney's Dead City novel.

I love this show and I am really hoping they can build on a strong first season. I appreciate how they don't use the 'pop out of a closet' cheap zombie tactics. If you like this show you would probable like Joe McKinney's Dead City novel.

You're right, they dont get cheezy with the zombies. I think Season 2 is in mid October.

My wife and I are watching the first season on DVD. What a great show.

The website says season two starts on October 16.

I'm really looking foward to it, too. Been a major zombie fan since Omega Man in 1971--and after discovering 1964's The Last Man on Earth shortly thereafter.

I can't get used to the pace of cable. Got to thoroughly enjoy season one (six episodes? eight?) then having to wait all these months for season two. I'm optimistic that it will be great.

I hadn't heard about FB's departure. That's a drag.

I'm really looking foward to it, too. Been a major zombie fan since Omega Man in 1971--and after discovering 1964's The Last Man on Earth shortly thereafter. ::Me too. I really like both of those. I actually streamed TLMOE on my phone the other night in bed when I couldn't sleep.

I can't get used to the pace of cable. Got to thoroughly enjoy season one (six episodes? eight?) then having to wait all these months for season two. I'm optimistic that it will be great. ::+1 The pace of cable is really hard to deal with.

I hadn't heard about FB's departure. That's a drag.

Won't be long now! Just a couple of weeks!

Top Bottom