What's new

What did you hone today?

$image.jpg

Actually this one took a few days on a vintage
coticule. Had problems with the toe. I think it is all worked
out now. Tally Ho!

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I love Looking at that coti. It's got a lot going on with the different colors and lines and swirls. Killer stone. Hang on to that one.

I love Looking at that coti. It's got a lot going on with the different colors and lines and swirls. Killer stone. Hang on to that one.

Thanks David . Yeah it is my best wild caught stone and I really love the look too. It won't be leaving me even though she doesn't give up her secrets easily. Another trait of LGB coticules too. Everything just says LGB to me on this one and I don't think that is a common layer to find anymore. When you get it though the edges are amazingly smooth.

$IMG_0718.jpg

Honed this German razor (made for a local B.S. supply house and has my city's name on one side) on a vintage coticule with custom box having MOP inlay today.

Joseph Elliot Damascus Hollow:
proxy.php

A near wedge blade with a big smile so lots of freehand rolling Xs here.
How did they do it in the 1870's?

That's not a les latneuses is it? I remember that stone being for sale and almost bought it myself because the box is an identical match to the one I got my vintage Les Latneuses in and I wanted two.

Did a total Facelift on "Elis" today starting with a 100% flattening of the edge on the #200 Diamond Block to get rid of the frown completely. Then I reset the bevel on the 1K King and moved on to the 7 inch Natural coti for several ever decreasing slurry progressions and finished it off with a light slurry down to water only and then a dish soap lap set on the Select 10 Bout. I must say that I am exceptionally pleased with this edge. Super Smooth and very keen:thumbup1: In the end, due to the flaws in the spine width I did get a very, very small amount of wonkiness back but way less than what I started with.

View attachment 675898

I did a touchup with this German gem from the´50s (Prior Solingen, M.Mogal INC. N.Y.) on this new Belgian gem (selected hard La Dressante). Just a wonderful combination to get a terrific shave.
$P1030624.jpg.$P1030621.jpg

I set a bevel on a Kasumi K11 with a thin BBW slurry and went on to my LPB and did 40 strokes on a light La Grise slurry and finished with 20 strokes on plain water. HHT was a full success, it melts hair over 20mm from the holding point directly from the stone. This old razor, "OSGAR REGD, Aequator", was in a larger shaving box with other razors. It is not like a typical Solingen. From the first impression, it is made of a super steel. It gets unbelievable sharp within a few strokes. The easiest razor for honing I have. It is not very big but very good processed, it hold nicely in one´s hand. Does someone possibly know this brand?
$P1030648.jpg$P1030651.jpg

There are stunning razors from England. The Osgar Regd see above is also made of the finest Sheffield steel. I really like the special character and quality of them and not to forget the Charnley Forest stone of course.
$P1030684.jpg.$P1030672.jpg.$P1030671.jpg

Last edited:
$FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Took some tries to get this Boker right.Seems the LGB along with The New Herringbone Weave strop did the trick even though the strop is stiff and sounded and felt like it would hurt,the edge smoothed out.Love when it all comes together.

Top Bottom