What's new

What's your best Super/Uber-Lather combination?

Tried this oneout last night:

TOBS Mr. Taylor + Tabac + a few drops of "personal lubracant" (as advised in a few other threads)

Result - Best fragrance yet, super slick and effective lather...give it a try!

TOBS Mr. Taylor + KMF + RSC! Marvelous scent and goobs of slick, thick lather. :thumbup:

Just received TOBS almond cream in the mail today...that's on tap for tomorrow.

I have a number of favorites.

In the summer for a menthol high:
The shave den's iced menthol + Proraso + glycerin

For an exceptionally smooth shaves:
Cella + Godrej DeLuxe + Glycerin
MWF+ Godrej DeLuxe + Glycerin
Cella + Acca Kappa 1869 + Glycerin

:thumbup:

I have a number of favorites.

In the summer for a menthol high:
The shave den's iced menthol + Proraso + glycerin

For an exceptionally smooth shaves:
Cella + Godrej DeLuxe + Glycerin
MWF+ Godrej DeLuxe + Glycerin
Cella + Acca Kappa 1869 + Glycerin

:thumbup:

I have been meaning to try Acca Kappa 1869...I think it will be my next AD fix.

Mitchell's Wool Fat + Musgo Real Cream = Lanolin Bomb!

I have stayed away from Uber/Super lathers lately, but Musgo with anything is pretty good.

Mitchell's Wool Fat with its neutral scent goes well with anything, but I most enjoy doing a Superlather with Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet cream.

Last edited:
I rotate through 5 soaps and 5 creams. Just as an experiment yesterday, after about 5 months of überlathers only, I tried using my best lathering soap on its own. Lather looked good, but performance was clearly inferior to my überlathers.

My magic Uber lather combo is prorasso red cream tube, with 3 drops of glycerin, and Stirling sandalwood soap! Absolutely an experience in thick rich scented lather paradise!

VDH Soap (Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, etc.) + The Real Shaving Company Cream (Rite Aid)+ Glycerin (CVS). Great uberlather ... rich and slick. Thought it would be helpful to mention the locations where they can be bought. For me all of them are nearby ... so no on-line purchases. Inexpensive too!

Top Bottom