What's new

Pinaud Clubman

Just tried the classic tonight for the first time & I like it.
When I opened the bottle I took a whiff & it reminded
me of bourbon! But it smoothed out after I put it on.

I love Clubman but its a bit too strong for me. I can smell it even with the cap on the bottle! When I would open the cupboard it would come wafting out. So I decided that I would screw the cap on tight and leave it in my car. Its the best air freshener I've ever had in my car!

My Fiancee kinda likes the smell of it. I guess she doesnt have any memories associated with it thank god. She is 10 years my junior so I dont want her to think of me as an old man. lol

Picked up a bottle today... went looking for Lime Sec with no luck, but grabbed the regular anyway. At first I thought it smelled like talcum powder, but then I realized most of the barbers I use are using Clubman powder.

I also picked up some Barbasol Pacific Rush for the menthol kick and some Stetson Fresh because it was cheap ($3 at Big Lots) and I can reuse the glass bottle later.

Her's the trick Fellas...............

I also love the Clubman, but yes it is way too powerful for me, so what I do it wet my hands and put a little Clubman on them. By diluting it about 50% works for me. it gives me the great scent I love, but is not overwhelming.

:001_smile

Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember actual barber shops for men. Where you could actually go get a haircut, a shave enjoy a cigar if you wanted. The latest Playboy was always in the rack and guys hung out a while after or came early for their appointments or to wait for an open time. I always remember that time and those memories when I splash on some clubman, classic, bay rum or the special reserve, (my favoriates) I also cheat and use the hair tonic despite the...ah.. lack of hair! It is easy to tone it down a bit with water if you like. Got to love the price, you can have three or for good quality AS and have less than $50 in the lot.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember actual barber shops for men. Where you could actually go get a haircut, a shave enjoy a cigar if you wanted. The latest Playboy was always in the rack and guys hung out a while after or came early for their appointments or to wait for an open time. I always remember that time and those memories when I splash on some clubman, classic, bay rum or the special reserve, (my favoriates) I also cheat and use the hair tonic despite the...ah.. lack of hair! It is easy to tone it down a bit with water if you like. Got to love the price, you can have three or for good quality AS and have less than $50 in the lot.
Takedeadaim
For myself...the 'barber shop' scent always takes me back when I was a little young 'whipper-snapper' back in the days of Barber Shops for men / boys (which our family had 'credit' because I never paid for my haircuts), with;

1. Leather strops attached to the Barber Chairs.

2. The numerous tall canisters of blue Barbicide (with it's distinctive faint smell of ammonium), w/ combs, small brushes, clippers attachments, razors, scissors and other implements.

3. Talcum powder 'duster' brushes.

4. The built-up shoe-shine stand w/ 2 chairs and the scent of tins of Kiwi shoe polish, glass bottles of liquid edge dressing and leather mingling in the shop.

5. The slightly 'musty' scent of cut hair in the air (including the 'tufts' of hair on the floor), after the Barbers ceremoniously 'snap' the capes (that was around many necks), in the air to remove cut hair signifying the end of the haircut 'ballet'.

6. The faint aroma of men smoking Cigars, Cigarettes and full ashtrays.
proxy.php

7. The 'manly' scent of the many plastic bottles of Clubman (which always seemed to get 'splashed' on the floor besides on your head).

8. A full magazine rack (no Playboys), of Ebony, Jet, Highlights Magazine for kids and National Geographic's.

Now that I'm a 'Big Boy' & all 'grown-up'....the young Korean Ladies (whose speciality is straight shaves...you should see the 'wait' lines), and Afro-American male Barbers I weekly visit remain true to the old days of haircuts, shoe-shines and straight razor shaves as one of the true 'Arts of Manliness'.

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
my nose must be very crappy or at least untrained because the only note I can discern from any fragrance I've ever smelled is citrus. too bad

Takedeadaim
For myself...the 'barber shop' scent always takes me back when I was a little young 'whipper-snapper' back in the days of Barber Shops for men / boys(which our family had 'credit' because I never paid for my haircuts), with;

1. Leather strops attached to the Barber Chairs.

2. The numerous tall canisters of blue Barbicide (with it's distinctive faint smell of ammonium), w/ combs, small brushes, clippers attachments, razors, scissors and other implements.

3. Talcum powder 'duster' brushes.

4. The built-up shoe-shine stand w/ 2 chairs and the scent of tins of Kiwi shoe polish, glass bottles of liquid edge dressing and leather mingling in the shop.

5. The slightly 'musty' scent of cut hair in the air (including the 'tufts' of hair on the floor), after the Barbers ceremoniously 'snap' the capes (that was around many necks), in the air to remove cut hair signifying the end of the haircut 'ballet'.

6. The faint aroma of men smoking Cigars, Cigarettes and full ashtrays.
proxy.php

7. The 'manly' scent of the many plastic bottles of Clubman (which always seemed to get 'splashed' on the floor besides on your head).

8. A full magazine rack (no Playboys), of Ebony, Jet, Highlights Magazine for kids and National Geographic's.

Now that I'm a 'Big Boy' & all 'grown-up'....the young Korean Ladies (whose speciality is straight shaves...you should see the 'wait' lines), and Afro-American male Barbers I weekly visit remain true to the old days of haircuts, shoe-shines and straight razor shaves as one of the true 'Arts of Manliness'.

Christopher
proxy.php

All I can say is thanks for the memories!

It smells a bit like Lagerfeld cologne to me. The scent has good staying power, and is a classic scent. I didn' t like it much at first, but it gets a lot of use these days.

Oh man... so I slapped a bit of Clubman on for the first time earlier today, and was immediately and vividly transported back to the locker room of the gym my dad went to when I was eight or so. Apparently this was a pretty traditional place that still had a bottle of aftershave on the counter next to the soap and towels for guys to use once they finished shaving in the morning, and Clubman was it. I'd throw a little on every now and then when I was feeling particularly grown up. Man!

I am wearing the Special Reserve right now. Going on it smells like a dirty ashtray, but as it settles, it has a nice robust scent.

Ha! Three for three: today was my inaugural splash of the SR as well. Hmmm, must be something in the air today.

Top Bottom