What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Two cigars from Havana yesterday at my friend's lake house:

1) Montecristo Especial No. 1, this grand panatela took almost 90 minutes to finish and I was down to the half inch before I gave it up. A great mild smoke during the cocktail hour

2) Punch: Punch Punch. This was a fine corona gorda, perfect for an after dinner smoke. My host noted that this was his favorite cigar (it was liberated from his humidor)

Perdomo Lot 23 Churchill.

Edit: I forgot how much of a kick these guys have. Should have had something bigger than just a 6" sub for lunch.

Last edited:
Enjoying a PSyKo SEVEN Robusto this evening. Pretty good smoke. I've heard they're planning a Maduro version for IPCPR this week. Stoked to see that come out!

It was a good afternoon/evening for cigars! Started with

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405906572.899478.jpg

Then prior to dinner enjoyed this, even though Gurkha has a crumby reputation I really enjoyed this, very mild and earthy. It burned evenly to boot.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405906650.310149.jpg

Finished the evening off with a Diesel Unholy Cocktail.

05 Upmann Mag 46
09 Parti 898
13 ERDM "Choix" (these are smoking beautifully despite their youth)

Attachments

• $IMG_8108.jpg
    $IMG_8108.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 63
  • $IMG_8114.jpg
    $IMG_8114.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 64
  • $IMG_8147.jpg
    $IMG_8147.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 64

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
On vacation on Cape Cod, and enjoyed a 2012 Alec Bradley Fine and Rare last night courtesy of Boris. Great smoke and a great guy! Thanks Boris!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406056116.704234.jpg

Right now I'm in my office (yes, I can smoke in my office!) finishing a Genuine Counterfeit Cuban Pre-Embargo 1958 Edicion Limitada #2. These are maduro sticks sold by JR and made by Nick Perdomo. I bought a few hundred around 6-8 years ago (I forget exactly) when the U.S. was planning on instituting a major tax on cigars, and I have been working my way through them.

After the freezer broke down I had to make about 36 chicken drum sticks and a whole chicken on the grill. Did some tandoori, honey mustard, and pesto drumsticks and the whole chicken was broken down and dressed with garlic/salt/pepper. Did some dirty rice, pittas with taziki and invited all the neighbors. diesel maduro for dessert (I have pics but not on my iPad)

I bought a few hundred around 6-8 years ago (I forget exactly) when the U.S. was planning on instituting a major tax on cigars,

I think we all did. Lew Rothman at JR in particular did a really good job of whipping people into a frenzy over the tax hike, which never really happened. On the other hand, the deals were great. I laid in several years' supply, which I'm still enjoying today!

Today's cigar was another San Lotano Habano toro. Great cigar.

Just finished up grilling and eating a nice, juicy NY Strip with my favorite homemade rub (kosher salt, paprika, cumin, white pepper, garlic powder, and oregano). Now, I'm moving on to my first taste of Torano Noventa.

So far? T/he burn isn't terribly even, but nothing horrendous, and the flavor is okay, but nothing spectacular. I'm hoping that it gets better as I'm only an inch or so into the cigar.

Top Bottom