What's new

Disappointing Day...

So I have had a handful of choppers that I've set aside for a day that I felt like working on some big ol' beauties and today was the day. All had great potential, most are quite old and I was really excited to work on them and see how they turned out. Most had some chips in the blade so I wanted to work those out before I took them to the buffers. Pulled out the stones and went to work on 6 blades.

Didn't spend more than 5 minutes on any of them, shortly after working them on a 1k Norton and got some of the patina/rust off each one had major cracks in the blade that you couldn't see beforehand. Each and every freaking one. Pissed me right off.

Gonna go work on knives to cool down for a bit, probably going to take me a couple days to get back on any straights after today's disappointment. I know they're just straights and there are plenty more out there but it was still sad to see these become scrap, seems like such a waste...

Thanks for letting me vent...

I had a similar experience with a Wade & Butcher, it was not until I got some of the rust off that I could see and hear the crack. Sorry to hear that you had that happen with so many razors.

Sorry to hear that my friend. Would you be able to savage the last 1/2 of the blade and at least have a shorter blade for shaving?

man that stinks, its ok good news in your inbox :001_smile

I think we all know what Ambrose did here and all I can say is this mans heart is as big as the state of Texas. He never stops giving. :thumbup:

Jose you are the man and you are the true spirit of what B&B is all about.

Thank you guys :thumbup1: I think maybe youre over thinking what I did though.

I only helped hone up some blades for Aaron :001_smile Including taking microscope pictures of the edges before and after, this is what was in his inbox. I figured good news helps make up for bad things :biggrin1:

Thank you guys :thumbup1: I think maybe you're over thinking what I did though.

I only helped hone up some blades for Aaron :001_smile Including taking microscope pictures of the edges before and after, this is what was in his inbox. I figured good news helps make up for bad things :biggrin1:

Its just the fact that you jumped in and did it. Its not so much what you did its that you are always doing something good for someone, sometimes big, sometimes small but your always doing something :thumbup:

What I said before still stands :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top Bottom