What's new

I found my Dad's old DE Gillette.

Having bitten the bullet and jumping head-first into my room cleaning, I discovered my Father's old Gillette Double Edge Super Speed Razor.
I cleaned it a bit, and I was finally rewarded with the "E4" date code.
That would make it final quarter of1959, if I'm reading things correctly.
He passed, on today's date, in 2002.
I don't believe in coincidences.
The day could still be made better if C&E would bring back their Sweet Almond Oil soap and cream.:thumbup1:
Jerry.

Please dont pass that off as a mere coincidence !!!

#1 My sincerest condolences on the passing of your dad

#2 Enjoy that treasure! They give a wonderful close shave.

:thumbup1:

That's awesome. How many of us would love to find our fathers old DE. I looked and it was in a parcel of goods Mom donated after he passed.

Enjoy the shave my friend.

My Dad was going to throw away his old razors (SS, G-bar and EverReady) after a small fire in the attic many years ago. I asked for them, stored them in the basement and only came across them again about a year ago. Needless to say, it was a priceless find!

Enjoy the razors and the memories!

Dave

That's a great razor, no coincidence there, your dad must have wanted you to have it.

Last edited:
I just traveled to NJ last weekend for my mom's 80th birthday party. As we were leaving, my mom told me she had been cleaning out a bunch of "junk" and had found a razor of my dad's (who died in 2005) and one of hers that she was going to toss them if I did not want them. She handed me a bag with a very nice Schick Krona and a pristine Lady Schick injector! I felt this gift from her was much better than the Birthday present I got for her.

I just traveled to NJ last weekend for my mom's 80th birthday party. As we were leaving, my mom told me she had been cleaning out a bunch of "junk" and had found a razor of my dad's (who died in 2005) and one of hers that she was going to toss them if I did not want them. She handed me a bag with a very nice Schick Krona and a pristine Lady Schick injector! I felt this gift from her was much better than the Birthday present I got for her.

Very true. What you received has much more meaning.

Please dont pass that off as a mere coincidence !!!

#1 My sincerest condolences on the passing of your dad

#2 Enjoy that treasure! They give a wonderful close shave.

:thumbup1:

+1

That's a great razor, no coincidence there, your dad must have wanted you to have it.
+1

It was NOT a coincidence. Congrats and keep those family heirlooms.

John
proxy.php

I would imagine it was a bittersweet time for you. I'm glad you have something personal and functional to remember your father by.

Top Bottom