What's new

Is the best Aftershave in the world still produced in glass bottles?

I am, of course, referring to Aqua Velva.

I heard they would make it in plastic only. But I have seen tons of glass bottles recently.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I definitely have been seeing more and more plastic bottles of AV with some glass bottles still on the shelves as well.

Let's just say I won't be discarding any AV glass bottles any time soon.

Since most aftershaves contain a fair bit of alcohol, I would venture to guess the quality of a plastic bottle would have to be rather high, making the cost of a plastic bottle not super economical. I guess there is the shipping issue... weight and breakage but I'm not sure plastic is a clear cut winner yet.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Is the best Aftershave in the world still produced in glass bottles?

I'm sorry to say that Lilac Vegetal has been sold in plastic bottles for many years now.

Saw the last glass bottles in the past few months. All of the big stores are all plastic now. I would imagine if someone wants glass they could still find them in a smaller shop for the next little while then they will all be gone.

I've always had the same rule with my aftershaves as I do with my liquor...if it comes in a plastic bottle I don't buy it...sorry Phil, haven't touched the Veg yet. Now I'm caught in a dilemma as so many of the good brand are going plastic.

There is one local grocery store that has one glass bottle pushed all the way to the back of the shelf. Everywhere else is all plastic. I check to see if it is there everytime I am in there and keep almost buying it until I realize that I don't like AV. :lol:

Top Bottom