What's new

Thoughts on The Glenlivet 21

I very much enjoy single malt scotch on occasion. I have been enjoying Macallan single malt for quite a number of years. I keep 12, 15 and 18 year old on hand. Recently I have tried some 18 year old Glenlivet and enjoyed it very much. I have also tried 12 year old as well and purchased a bottle. I just gave a bottle of 15 year old to my son but we did not sample it as yet. I am aware of some controversy over the oak cask used in the 15 year old.

I have been told that the 21 year old is quite exceptional so I am thinking of purchasing some. Any input from those of you that have experience with this scotch would be greatly appreciated. A sampling of prices paid would be helpful.

Thank you,

Doug

I was tempted to buy the Glenlivet 21 on a number of occasions. However, its price in Canada ($150+ CND) and some lukewarm remarks from a friend usually puts an end to that impulse. Actually, my friend says its a good dram but he's not sure its worth the price when compared to the 12 year expression. It's definitely a better dram than the 12 year but not a dramatic difference

When compared to other older drams, however, it's really not an overly expensive 20+ year single malt scotch. I just wish he saved some for me to try but that's what happens when you travel too much. The bottom line according to my friend; if you like the 12 year expression, you'll definitely like the 21 year one. I'm sorry I cannot give you an personal experience to evaluate.

Thank you for your reply DE Shaver. I think by the lack of responses from others, there is not much interest in this scotch. I think that I may give it a try although my Macallan 18 year old is an excellent dram for those special occasions when one just wants to put everything else aside and take the time to savor the moment with a fine scotch.

Doug

I think that I may give it a try although my Macallan 18 year old is an excellent dram for those special occasions when one just wants to put everything else aside and take the time to savor the moment with a fine scotch.
Yes, I would quite agree. The Macallan 18 year is a fine dram. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom