What's new

Acqua Classica Borsari Parma

Got mine delivered by UPS yesterday. I'm in the midwest where the summer heat has been almost unbearable. The box was on my front step for about 1 hour and when I brought it inside to open, the box was very warm. The bottle of cologne was slightly warm. Today I put some on and can barely smell it. Would the heat of the UPS truck and the time on my front step effect the intensity of the scent? I read posts about "lasts most of the day" when I can barley smell it after putting it on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

Which bottle did you get? It comes in three different bottles. I have the yellow tester which is quite potent and lasts 6-8 hours on my skin. This has become one of my favorites!

proxy.php

Last edited:
I have always been confused by all the different style bottles and labels that I have seen for this and to make it even more confusing I have seen each style listed in both EDC and EDT on the web. I have a 1.7oz bottle with the yellow label as I have posted above which clearly states "Eau de Toilette" on the bottle and this lasts 6-8 hours on me. I also have a 3.4oz bottle with the clear label that comes in the blue box which I have not opened yet and it clearly states "Eau de Cologne" on the box. I know I love the projection and longevity of the yellow labeled EDT which I have been using, so I am hesitant in breaking open the clear labeled EDC.

I don't know if sellers are simply misrepresenting the strength of the different bottles, but if you look at the picture included with the following add you can see that the box is labeled "Eau de Cologne" just like the one I have even though they explicitly advertise this as an "Eau de Toilette"...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F04SQM

Last edited:
I recently bought a bottle of Acqua Classica (on the strength of enthusiastic reviews here) and wanted to add my voice to its supporters. Since people have asked about the differences in scents regarding packaging , here is my experience: I bought both the 50ml EDT tester with the yellow label as well as 100ml eau de cologne in the blue box shown in the original post. Several sprays to each arm. Both commenced with that wonderful citrus opening, but the EDT seemed to transition quickly to a flattened and muted skinscent.It was gone in a few hours. Meanwhile the EdC hung in there for several hours, and I caught that wonderful sandalwood drifting around through a good part of the day. I have augmented it with a 200ml tube of Borsari aftershave balm I scored on ebay and next will be the soap. Between liberal application of the the juice and the addons it'll be a Borsari fest for these humid Florida days! Divertiti!..Daniele

One final note: the label on the bottom the blue-boxed version says "EdT" even though the box says Eau de cologne, so go figure!

I just ordered the bottle pictured in Marco's original post. Amazon is selling for $24 shipped for prime members so I figured I would try it. Hope it is the version that last a few hours!

Top Bottom