What's new

Acqua Classica Borsari Parma

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Acqua Classica Borsari Parma is truly a terrific Italian perfume. It was first introduced by Ludovico Borsari in 1880 and has really remained unchanged over the years: today this wonderful Italian cologne is exactly how it was 130 years ago. Borsari is the TRUE fragrance of the Dukedom of Parma and has been described, by some connoiseurs, as the Italian cologne par excellence. The Acqua Classica has a strong scent of Citrus that gradually evolves into a light, fresh and elegant smell of Sandalwood, Leather and Oak Musk. This unisex perfume sticks around all day long. The packaging is a solid 100 ml glass bottle housed in a blue and white cardboard box. Very simple, very classic, very nice. Its price here in Italy is excellent: € 25 per bottle. Let me repeat it again: € 25 per bottle, a real steal! Unfortunately Borsari is less known than most Italian top shelf colognes, but I think it truly deserves more attention. If you can, get it without hesitation.

Last edited:
Thank you Marco for bringing this to the attention of the cologne forum. Sometimes you see this offered with an atomizer, and if you can, get it. I think they are moving more to the bottle that Marco has shown.

it sounds so good I had to try it...just ordered a 10.5 oz splash bottle for $28 AND $7 SHIPPING...can't wait to try this one!

Thanks Marco...........I've gone and ordered a bottle of this for men, in spray bottle. I must admit, the price is very, very good, and every review I have read yet is positive. I will be most interested to see how it stacks up to Aqua de Parma and other citrusy scents, such as my Blenheim and Kölnisch Wasser 4711.

Chris

Thanks for the tip, Marco. I have an order on the way. I am a fan of AdP Colonia Intensa, but it is pricey. I hope I like this as well.

Still awaiting delivery. It was scheduled 3 days this week. Online tracking now reports UPS sent the shipment back to the vendor. How does that saying go? It is hard to define lousy customer service, but you know it when you see it.

I know my recent experience (last 12 months) does not characterize UPS, but given a choice I will pick FedX or USPS or stagecoach. Yawn.

I received mine today. It is very, very citrusy on the top note, and is similar to AdP, but is more citrus on the top end than AdP Intensa. The AdP has a more complex top note. So far, Borsa is a simpler, less complicated scent than the AdP, like the difference between lemon juice and a blend of five types of citrus and sandalwood. I should add that the AdP also has a nice and more complex dry down on my skin than the Borsa does.

That said, the Borsa seems to last longer, and my wife finds it less spicy than the AdP and she prefers the Borsa, so for $40 a bottle, a nice buy!

Chris

Last edited:
After the UPS failed attempt, USPS delivered in three days.

I am intrigued by a light spray on my left forearm. Tomorrow, a true application.

The Acqua Classica has a strong scent of Citrus that gradually evolves into a light, fresh and elegant smell of Sandalwood, Leather and Oak Musk. This unisex perfume sticks around all day long. Unfortunately Borsari is less known than most Italian top shelf colognes, but I think it truly deserves more attention. If you can, get it without hesitation.

Bought a bottle based on your recommendation and I have to say "Thanks!". A most agreeable concoction, indeed. Sits comfortably in my rotation with Pino Silvestre, Krizia Uomo, Aqua di Selva and many of the Spanish brands. If you like the light Italian or Spanish styles, then this would fit very well. I love the citrus top notes -- almost grassy and never overpowering. I would find it difficult to overapply this one...

Be seeing you.

Last edited:
mine came thursday,what a great scent ! perfect italian aftershave...priced right ! $28 plus $7 shipping...a large thick glass bottle,first class

Attachments

• $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 989
mine came thursday,what a great scent ! perfect italian aftershave...priced right ! $28 plus $7 shipping...a large thick glass bottle,first class

Wow, the bigger bottle is also pure class. :001_cool:

I am to the point where I literally wish there was a button I could push to make this stuff come out of my shower. Well, it and Aqua Lavanda. :biggrin1:

Be seeing you.

There are 3 different bottles/packaging designs (as can be seen by 2/3 pictured above) are they all the same? The Yellow/Olive bottle's are EDT's, and not a Cologne - very confused :huh:.

There are 3 different bottles/packaging designs (as can be seen by 2/3 pictured above) are they all the same? The Yellow/Olive bottle's are EDT's, and not a Cologne - very confused :huh:.

I have just found the box for Marco's bottle and it clealy states EDC and not EDT, has anyone tried both?

mine is a splash bottle with a plastic "cork" ,I really am glad about that,I don't like spray tops...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My friends, I am very happy to hear that you like the Acqua Classica Borsari Colonia! It is truly a terrific fragrance, sold at an unbelievable low price!:thumbup1:

I have a heavy, square, slightly tapered glass bottle with atomizer. It contains 100 ml of EdT. The paper label on the bottle matches the yellow box.

I get an initial rush of citrus that has impressive longevity. The citrus persists through the mild, green herbal midnotes followed up with some spicy pepper. Light wood and leather notes lead to a vetiver and oakmoss base.

This is a light, classic chypre that is well worth the $20-something I paid. It stays close, but longevity is decent. There are some similarities to AdP Colonia Intensa, but Acqua Classica is not trying to be an AdP (at five times the price). This is a great EdT. Highly recommended. Thanks for the tip, Marco!

Top Bottom