What's new

Now frustrated, I need your help

Identifying this razor.

Gillette. Made in England.

Can't find it anywhere. Not on Mr. Razor's site, not in Waits Safety Razor Compendium, not in the Safety Razors section of collectorsencyclopedia.com.. anywhere.

The only close resembling razors I can find are a 1929-1937 NEW Milady but my handle is much longer and my head is different. They've the same handle design though from the neck to the bottom. Also a 1946 English NEW but it has bullets on the head piece, which mine doesn't, and the neck is different.

The british have some odd variations.
Your new most closely resembles a tech head with teeth.
My british tech most closely resembles a new head with a safety bar.

The british have some odd variations.
Your new most closely resembles a tech head with teeth.
My british tech most closely resembles a new head with a safety bar.

I imagine finding a case for this thing is going to be near impossible since it seems I'll never find out what it is exactly. :001_unsur

I believe it came in a little dark green metal case with Gillette printed on top...I bought one like this a while ago from our vendors section and found the handle too small ...great shaver though and it currently resides with an uncle of mine.

I believe it came in a little dark green metal case with Gillette printed on top...I bought one like this a while ago from our vendors section and found the handle too small ...great shaver though and it currently resides with an uncle of mine.

Yes, there is one similar like that but the neck is different as I recall.

I know the rules against posting live auctions but mine came in a box similar to this one...

Last edited:
I know the rules against posting live auctions but mine came in a box similar to this one...

You can edit and remove the link now. Thanks. And interesting. Same head, different handle. But that gives me a nice idea. I'm always amazed how high shipping from Bulgaria is.

Last edited:
it looks nearly this Service Set. Only the handle is a little bit different. I believe I have the same razor like yours too. But I´m on work and will look later at home.

proxy.php

P

pedro083

I have seen a 7 O'clock razor that looks like this I still cant find out who owned the brand but gillette uses it so own it now if not always. the one i seen had same handle but 7 O'clock instead of gillette logo.

it looks nearly this Service Set. Only the handle is a little bit different. I believe I have the same razor like yours too. But I´m on work and will look later at home.

Yes, handle is different and alignment studs on head piece are bigger on mine too.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That head was my favorite in the DEs... I got a Bull Mastiff handle from Cooncatbob and it was the best shaver I ever had!

Those are British made and if I recall correctly, the DEs were not sold in the UK the same way than the States. In the UK they would have prototypes or a large batch of DE that wasn't registered under a pat. number. That's why you get some odd British razors sometimes. They made that one for a few years! I think it's a tiny bit more aggressive than his American cousin!

Top Bottom