What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

A special thanks to Rudy for making a Rodmonster Family Brush - 4 brushes in all with Shavemac knots. I wanted something big and Rudy designed an 80mm elongated Persian jar. 23mm knot with a 52mm loft. He was also kind enough to put a family inscription on the bottom of the brush.

Nobody does it better.

View attachment 558682

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
What is max loft you can set the 23mm at? My Edwin Jagger measures 54mm loft stock. I am looking to get one with more loft. Can you do 56mm? or more?

The "factory setting" is 56-57 mm.

Do the loccitane knots keep the metal cup?

Yes, but the lip can be removed and the knot set a bit deeper, which I think makes it a good brush around 48-50 mm. The original knot height is in my opinion not very good.

Rudy Vey

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am down to two (2) Plisson (L'Occitane) brushes form which the knot can be harvested.
Anybody interested, contact me with email to:

[email protected]

First come - first serve!!

Preaching to the choir here but forgot to mention in my earlier (few) posts that I stopped lurking and joined B&B in large part due to Rudy's restoration service, new brush creation wizardry, craftmanship, attention to detail, and customer service, not necessarily in that order. As if he needs any more unsolicited praise. Here is his latest masterpiece with a 25 mm diameter, 58 mm loft Muhle synthetic knot set in a shapely, roughly 51 mm tall cobalt beehive... Should arrive early next week.. $IMG_2486.jpg

Rudy Vey

Just ordered and paid a big order of the Muehle STF knots in 25 mm, should be here end of this week.
Seems like the 25 mm is the bestseller of the STF synthetic knots. On hand I have 19, 21, 23 and 25!!
Made myself a new travel brush with the 19 mm knot last night, hope to report back tomorrow evening.

Rudy have you used the Muehle STF in 25mm? And if you have how would you compare it to a Synthetic Simpson's Chubby 2? I have the EJ XL and It's my favorite brush (right now).

Rudy Vey

Rudy have you used the Muehle STF in 25mm? And if you have how would you compare it to a Synthetic Simpson's Chubby 2? I have the EJ XL and It's my favorite brush (right now).

I have not used a 25 mm STF knot, but have a 19 and 21 as travel brushes, and I like them. Hard to compare them to the Simpson synthetic, which I have and like a lot. The Simpson was custom set for me, and I think it is much denser than the Muehle, so a direct comparison would be not possible or fair. Most my customers opt for the 25 mm knot, and I have set it as low as 50 and as high as 58 mm.

Top Bottom