What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
The new delivery of Muehle knots has arrived here yesterday morning!! Quite fast as always I must say. Ordered Monday late afternoon, they confirmed on Tuesday, I paid and they shipped on Wednesday with UPS, pretty much an overnight shipment.
The new 19 mm looks sweet and would be the best choice for a nice travel brush.

This is my third RV...but first dealing directly with Rudy and me picking the color and style. Great guy to deal with and as you can see his work is amazing. I have been wanting a leopard handle forever it seems. I cant wait to lather it up!
$IMG_1852.jpg$IMG_1853.jpg$IMG_1854.jpg

Don't have it yet but Rudy did this one for me and has to set the knot and then send it my way, I like to stand out alittle and I'm sure this one will get attention.

I believe it's a 20MM two band finest

$Image 9-5-14 at 6.54 PM.png

Rudy has been super to deal with and has alot of info on what works !!!

What kind of wood is that? It really is gorgeous.

I basically found two brush handles I liked and asked him to combine the designs, and as far as the brush material and specs here they are per the Master Rudy V.

20 mm two-band finest badger. The handle material is dyed
Boxelder Burl wood - due to different densities inside thw burl, some areas
are not taking the red dye as they are too dense.

View attachment 493029

Rudy Vey

Rudy - when they become available, will you be stocking the 'new' shavemac standard silvertip 2-band knots?

Standard Silvertip 2-Band

They've been discussed a few times on this forum and was just wondering. Thanks!

Sure will!! Just had a long talk with Bernd this morning and a sample knot will be in my next shipment for my own testing. He is not totally done with the pricing, but if someone want a RV custom with the new knot, that should not be a problem. I expect to have the sample knot in my hands within the next couple of weeks.

Rudy Vey

Sure will!! Just had a long talk with Bernd this morning and a sample knot will be in my next shipment for my own testing. He is not totally done with the pricing, but if someone want a RV custom with the new knot, that should not be a problem. I expect to have the sample knot in my hands within the next couple of weeks.

I really hope to have the knot next week, then I make a brush for myself with it and test it over the fishing vacation in week 4 of September.

Rudy Vey said:
I really hope to have the knot next week, then I make a brush for myself with it and test it over the fishing vacation in week 4 of September.

We hope so too! If they do come in, please post pics & knot dimensions too. If a top performer, I'd definitely consider this hair in my next brush. :thumbup1:

Rudy Vey

I will be traveling the next week for my job, but try to keep up on pm's and emails as time permits.

Rudy- Do you have Shavemac Silvertip D01? zJust wondering because I'm thinking about getting a brush made and you would be who I would go to especially with all the recommendations.

Rudy Vey

As most of you know, the fourth week of September is the week when I go on vacation to do some salmon and steel-head fishing.
The place where I stay has no (!!!) internet in the rooms. Sometimes I get wireless access to a filling station down the road, but sometimes not. So, if you send me pm's or e-mails, they might not get answered in the fast RV style you are all used to. I promise I will go once a day to a place where they have wifi free - one or two of the fast food joints in town offer this service.

Top Bottom