What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

First use, post bloom. :001_wub:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Guys, I am on fishing trip with no internet access (it is spotty if I get some connection). I am back on Friday and then will respond to pm and e-mail.
BTW, fishing is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!

Rudy Vey

Guys, I am back - was super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best run of salmon ever. By now, I should have responded to all e-mails or pm's. If you have not received an answer, then it may have slipped through the cracks, please let me know if I missed one.

Rudy Vey

Interesting news at RV Shaving:
I have acquired a vacuum tank and pump and will be able to resin-stabilized wood soon myself!! Just need to get a curing oven and then will do some testing. I decide to get into the stabilization as it is getting harder and harder to find good quality stabilized woods. Updates will be posted here. First batches I will be doing is some very nice curly walnut and some fig mesquite wood I have sitting here waiting.....

Rudy Vey

Did my first stabilization yesterday! It takes quite some time to get all the air out of the wood and the resin in. About 45 minutes under vacuum, then another 30 minutes just sitting in the juice. The curing takes quite some time as well. I had them in the oven for over two hours. It is not a fast process, but it looks like the outcome is worth it.
The first wood was actually some extreme nicely figured Birdseye Maple and curly Koa.

Did my first stabilization yesterday! It takes quite some time to get all the air out of the wood and the resin in. About 45 minutes under vacuum, then another 30 minutes just sitting in the juice. The curing takes quite some time as well. I had them in the oven for over two hours. It is not a fast process, but it looks like the outcome is worth it.
The first wood was actually some extreme nicely figured Birdseye Maple and curly Koa.

There must be something wrong with my monitor. I don't see any pics..........

There must be something wrong with my monitor. I don't see any pics..........

Same with my iPhone. Maybe it's Safari, I should hop on my desktop and check again using IE.

Well, it's not working on Firefox, either, in OSX. Must be a MAJOR problem with the forum software... :crying:

Pics or i didnt happen :lol:

Rudy Vey

Pics or i didnt happen :lol:

I have to take some, typically, the battery was empty Saturday when I worked on the stabilization. When it was charged, I was done and had other things to do. I promise here that I will take pictures of the process the next time I do it, OK!

My two beautiful brushes are in the mail this week.

I am a face lather guy, so both knots are TGN 2-band finest fan shape, in 22 mm knot, 48 mm loft. The total height is 110-120 mm.

Handle 1 is an "RV7" shape in dark green jade. Handle 2 is a Persian jar variant called an Alibaba by someone else here in ebony/jet black. I like this variation on the PJ very much.

I'll post more pictures once they bloom. Thanks Rudy!! You are the best.

$RV7 and Alibaba.jpg

I would love to have one of your brushes with a Bubinga handle to match something else I collect (snare drums) one is a Bubinga stave with 24k gold hardware. It would be bad *** if the brush was Bubinga with a gold tip. :)

Rudy just finished up 3 R7s for me using some acrylic I sent him. He took 3 blocks of Inlace Acrylester that I mailed and turned them out beautifully. The White Pearl really shimmers in the light, but it is hard to tell from the photos. I am keeping the one on the right and my wife is debating which of the other two she wants. I plan to PIF the one she doesn't select.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Josh

Top Bottom