What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Actually, I just finished them, three different shades of butterscotch. The colors are created after real brushes that I have restored in the past years. Butterscotch started out as an off-white, ivory, colored material that over time due to exposure to light turns first into a golden, then orange and eventually into a dark pumpkin-brownish color. I have an un-used Made-Rite brush that never left the box it was sold in, the color is very light yellowish.

OK, here are the three examples, from left to right:

Tulip 4 (diameter 24 mm, depth 18 mm), $45

M7 (diameter 24 mm, 20 mm deep), $45

Chubby 2 (diameter 26 mm, 17 mm deep), $45

Price includes the shipping in CONUS with First Class mail.
As always, first come -first serve.
Email me ([email protected]) or pm here.

M7 and Chubby are sold!!

​
I thought I might update this thread. Rudy made me two beautiful handles for two Elite Razor Manchurian White knots. The Disco on the left is 26mm and the Purple Haze on the right is 28mm. I will update the thread with bloom and other pics after I receive them if you guys want to see it. These are just amazing. Rudy is a true gentleman and was bombarded by emails by me and replied to them all because he is excellent at communication and has amazing patience. I myself need to work on having my crap together and having a clear idea of what I want before I get a brush from him or anyone else custom made again because these amazing artisans deserve a more put together customer. In the end, my foolishness didn't matter because Rudy is fantastic and made great recommendations to me along with guiding me through the process flawlessly. These brushes turned out just like I'd hoped.

$rudy_specials.jpg

For my thoughts on the Elite Razor knots that Bob Quinn sells you can find them here along with his handles:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...or-Custom-and-Unique-Razors-and-Brushes/page9

Here are these two in person. I must say Rudy did a fantastic job on these brushes. The colors are incredible in person. Unfortunately my crappy photography does not do these any justice. The knots are just as soft and luxurious as my other two Elite Razor knots. The 28mm in the Disco brush is enormous. As a side note, Rudy informed me that it ended up needing a 32mm socket to install it. Super stuffed knot. Thanks Rudy and Bob!

Before Bloom:
$9-1-2016 017.JPG
Post bloom:
$9-1-2016 029.JPG

Before Bloom:
$9-1-2016 018.JPG

Post Bloom:
$9-1-2016 030.JPG

Rudy Vey

Here are a few handles for sale.
1. is a Duke-style handle in resin-stabilized spalted Maple, diameter is 23 and the depth is 15 mm, $45

2. another Duke-style handle in resin-stabilized spalted Maple, diameter is 23 mm and the depth is 18 mm, $45

3. Tulip-style in a vintage butterscotch tone, diameter 24 mm with a depth of 18 mm, $45

4. M7 style brush, vintage butterscotch, diameter 26 mm with a depth of 17 mm, $45

All prices include the shipping in CONUS - contact me for international shipping rates.
As always, first come, first serve. E-mail me to:
[email protected]
or pm here.

$IMG_3554.jpg$IMG_3555.jpg$IMG_3557.jpg$IMG_3558.jpg

Rudy Vey

here are a few handles for sale.
1. Is a duke-style handle in resin-stabilized spalted maple, diameter is 23 and the depth is 15 mm, $45

2. Another duke-style handle in resin-stabilized spalted maple, diameter is 23 mm and the depth is 18 mm, $45

3. Tulip-style in a vintage butterscotch tone, diameter 24 mm with a depth of 18 mm, $45

4. M7 style brush, vintage butterscotch, diameter 26 mm with a depth of 17 mm, $45

all prices include the shipping in conus - contact me for international shipping rates.
As always, first come, first serve. E-mail me to:
[email protected]
or pm here.

View attachment 688135View attachment 688136View attachment 688137View attachment 688138

all gone now!

Rudy Vey

Here is another very rare wooden handle: Resin stabilized Golden Teak Burl - hard to find!

Shape similar to a M 7, just a bit smaller. Knot hole is 22 mm in diameter, and 20 mm deep.

Just to clarify: it is the handle only, I just stuck a knot in it to show it as a whole brush!!!

Knot is a Shavemac D01 two-band flattop which would be the perfect knot for this handle.

$60 incl FC shipping in CONUS - first come, first serve

email to:

[email protected]

Attachments

• $IMG_3570.jpg
    $IMG_3570.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 375
  • $IMG_3571.jpg
    $IMG_3571.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 377

Rudy Vey

Here is another very rare wooden handle: Resin stabilized Golden Teak Burl - hard to find!

Shape similar to a M 7, just a bit smaller. Knot hole is 22 mm in diameter, and 20 mm deep.

Just to clarify: it is the handle only, I just stuck a knot in it to show it as a whole brush!!!

Knot is a Shavemac D01 two-band flattop which would be the perfect knot for this handle.

$60 incl FC shipping in CONUS - first come, first serve

email to:

[email protected]

Still here?? I am posting it now on BST.

Wish this had come up before the spalted maple handle I bought from above. I do love the setup I got but I think the Plisson knot might have been a slightly better match to this color wise.

Top Bottom