What's new

Pinaud Clubman... Quite possibly the best smelling AS I have ever used.

Is it just me or is this stuff really as amazing as I think it is?

I love the way it smells. So does SWMBO. I love the way it feels. And, I'm not kidding about this, it does wonderful double duty as a mosquito repellent. Perhaps because it has citronella listed as an ingredient.

I genuinely love it.

Who's with me?

It may come in plastic, but it's a quality product. If you want to stock up, Atlanta Barber Supply has a good price on 16 oz. ($6.50).

Last edited:
It's not just you, I've got 2 bottles of the stuff in the den at home. I love the smell so much I grabbed a bottle of the talc and a tub of the hair gel as well, just for the smell! Turns out the products are both good too - bonus! :blush: I wondered about the mosquito repellent aspect too when I saw the ingredient list. Anything that keeps the bugs away down here in the south is ok in my book!

I have always loved that classic barbershop smell, but couldn't find it at home until I discovered B&B and found the products I was overlooking.

- Steve :001_cool:

I had fond but vague memories of the scent from the local barbershops when I was a kid, so I picked up a bottle a month or so ago. Wow, much nicer than I remembered. It's a regular in the rotation -- in fact, I slapped some on this morning.

The added bonus: my 9-year-old daughter loves it. So I get a longer hug as I head off to work!

Dude, no offense, but you need to get out more. There's a reason its $6 and comes in a gallon vat.

Enjoy it for what it is but don't think you've found the Grail. Not for a while at least.

Dude, no offense, but you need to get out more. There's a reason its $6 and comes in a gallon vat.

Enjoy it for what it is but don't think you've found the Grail. Not for a while at least.

Wow. About 30 years ago my Grandmother taught me that any sentence that begins with "no offense but" should be left unsaid.

Pinaud Clubman is a quality American product. It smells exactly as it's intended to smell, and they use quality ingredients, and a lot of real fragrance oil.

When this aftershave was developed, men did not want "skin goodies", "healing" or anything like that.

So it will always be in my rotation. Now it's true that most B&Bers end up with a shave den full of stuff, but I'm proud to wear Clubman because it's the real deal. One thing about the grail, the interest in the grail was that you could never find it. So true.

And just because it's inexpensive does not mean it isn't any good. It's kinda' like when you find a bottle of $10-15 dollar wine that you really like. A wine snob will assure you that it is garbage because it doesn't have the pedigree of XYZ vineyard on the label, and no wine that cheap can be worth drinking. However, you like it and find no reason to drink anything more expensive. Is it possible to be a shave snob? Um, no offense :wink2: :biggrin1:

And yeah, I think every single bottle of wine in my house is $15 or less. I drink what I like and I like what I drink. :thumbup1:

- Steve :001_cool:

I love it. My rotaion usually consists of two different scents Alt Innsbruck and Pinaud Clubman. I love them equally as much. Definantly a must have for any shave den

It's one of my favorites and I didn't know it was a mosquito repellent as well.

I also like the condensed version, which lasts a longgggg time.

Good stuff.

I never used AS until DE shaving. Clubman was the first I tried, and still my fav. Picked up a vintage glass Pinaud bottle, and it just adds to the old-school vibe.

Top Bottom