What's new

Maintenance of the Feather All Stainless Razor

Hello All -
I just received the Feather razor and I am concerned about maintaining this beautiful razor; I'm planning on having this for a long time (considering the price I'm sure my wife will bury me with it after she kills me :001_smile). What is the best way to maintain it both after shaving and periodically?
Thanks!

I do not own this razor but I would take care of it like my other razors. Rinse clean after use and dry it completely.

Rinse and wipe. Stainless steel requires little if any maintenance (tho can show staining, depending on the finish). Since your razor is bead blasted, you only have to rinse and wipe.

I have .... (why can't I write it without the dots?) stainless DE and with the hard water I have here, a white deposit can be seen after two or three shaves. To clean it, I let it sit in a small bowl with vinegar and hot water (about 1:4 ratio) for a night and then wash it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have .... (why can't I write it without the dots?) stainless DE and with the hard water I have here, a white deposit can be seen after two or three shaves. To clean it, I let it sit in a small bowl with vinegar and hot water (about 1:4 ratio) for a night and then wash it.

Thank You!

I have owned one for about a week and it's definitely one of the easiest razors to keep clean. I just wipe it with my towel and it comes up perfectly clean. I don't think any other upkeep is required. Just wipe it down and let it hang to dry. I'm amazed at the tolerances and build quality of this razor.

Hello All -
I just received the Feather razor and I am concerned about maintaining this beautiful razor; I'm planning on having this for a long time (considering the price I'm sure my wife will bury me with it after she kills me :001_smile). What is the best way to maintain it both after shaving and periodically?
Thanks!
I take a q-tip and a bit of non detergent oil and put some on the threads and around..just a bit..probably does not need it but cannot hurt!!!!!!!

I just rinse it and give it the occasional scrub with an old toothbrush and soap. I'll get around to boiling it sooner or later.

The beauty of stainless is that it needs very little upkeep.

I don't own this model, but for all my other ones, I just rinse them under warm water, then let them dry on the windowsill next to the shower.

If they get soap scum building on them, I hit them with some Scrubbing Bubbles.

The windowsill, on the other hand... I need to get around to a fresh coat of urethane so it doesn't get water damaged.

Because that vendor and all references to him are banned.

The only thing that stains stainless steel is heat and acid. Just FYI.

Top Bottom