What's new

Kudos to Larry Andreassen

Received a PIF from Larry about a week ago, a rather old Antoni Tadross STR8 with bad scales. The beauty to this old workhorse was not the scales, the spine, or the fact that Larry generously gave me the blade, but it was the work and effort he put in the cutting edge to allow me to experience my first straight shave. Sure my first couple of shaves were a little red, but the skill level is improving and thanks to Larry I plan to continue with this new addiction. :thumbup1:

Yeah Larry is a straight up guy (pun intended).
I got a vintage 'Barryco.' 5/8" straight from him recently. It was actually acquired through an advert on SRP.

I didn't want to spend a whole load of money on my first straight in case I didn't take to it. I think I paid $30 or so for it.
To keep costs as cheap as possible it was shipped land freight and took about six weeks in total to arrive. I had totally forgotten about it actually and was surprised when it turned up.

Larry included a whole load of notes and it was freshly honed so as to be 'Shave Ready' right out of the packaging. I've been using this for a month now and am starting to become proficient in its use.

It's a great service that Larry provides and i'm sure quite a few people have become hooked with straight razor shaving after starting out with one of LarryAndro's basic kits.

I have to thank Larry for getting me going. He is a good guy and I recommend that anyone thinking about trying Straights get a initial setup from him.

Top Bottom