What's new

First time in my life I shaved twice in one day!

Back before DE for me, i shaved every other day to let my skin recover. By time and tradition I tend to shave in the PM. Yesterday, with my featherAS/feather combo, I shaved early in the AM with a quick WTG/XTG and late in the PM with a XTG/ATG with no discernible irritiation on 100% of my face and 99% of my neck, one little weeper at the base of my throat where the skin gets rougher/more textured it seems at the trasition from beard to no beard. I usually don't have issues with this area in the normal WTG/XTG passes.

I don't think i'll be doing it often but it was definitely easier for me than when I tried doing a 4pass earlier, which may have been worse due to blade handling.

This was my last shave with my original feather blade for a total count of 9 shaves on that blade. I don't endorse using a blade that long, but it wasn't bad. It still felt pretty smooth. I wasn't trying to be cheap, i was just trying to see how long a blade lasts for me.

I was kind of expecting my skin to give me more negative feedback, wich fortunately was very very minimal.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A 4 pass shave can be pretty brutal.
I do fine with a 2 pass and touch up. Combination strokes like WTG/XTG and XTG/ATG. A little buffing and set.

I've never done more than 3 passes.
As your technique improves, you'll make strange combinations of WTG/ATG/XTG based on your beard growth.
If you haven't already, map your face. It's an important step a lot of people don't seem to do.
I didn't at first and it was a tough go. After I did, things got a lot easier.

I've never done more than 3 passes.
As your technique improves, you'll make strange combinations of WTG/ATG/XTG based on your beard growth.
If you haven't already, map your face. It's an important step a lot of people don't seem to do.
I didn't at first and it was a tough go. After I did, things got a lot easier.

I have found that with practice a 3 pass shave consisting of WTG/ATG/WTG gives me BBS, or at least very close to BBS, every time. If I do a XTG pass I will get razor burn guaranteed. I have spent some time mapping my face, or at least working out which direction my beard grows in.

Top Bottom