What's new

Do you wear shorts in the summer?

I respect a person's personal preferences, and their religious beliefs; aside from that, I can't imagine any general code which would be so unreasonable, impractical, and perhaps outdated so as to prevent the wearing of shorts altogether.

I think shorts are appropriate in warm weather in all but professional business environments and formal or semi-formal occasions, or where business environments or specific codes (usually evening events) dictate otherwise.

How can you tell if it's okay to wear shorts? If you are the only one wearing shorts, it's probably not okay. If you see other people wearing shorts, it probably is. :biggrin1:

Appropiate? What's the definition of that anymore? I'm sick of seing some dude's *** hanging out of his pants! I don't care that you're a big boy now and wear boxers. And ladies...pajamas are for the bedroom, NOT the grocery store.

Okay, I'm better now.

FWIW, I wear shorts in a public setting, no problem.

I dislike wearing shorts because I've got a large bald patch on each shin, on my otherwise quite hairy legs. It looks weird. Especially because my skin is so pasty white and the hair is so thick and dark. People actually stare.

I dislike wearing shorts because I've got a large bald patch on each shin, on my otherwise quite hairy legs. It looks weird. Especially because my skin is so pasty white and the hair is so thick and dark. People actually stare.

I have the same bald spots. I believe I got it from wearing work boots (rubbing against shin) in my younger days.

I envy guys who have the legs for shorts. My legs look like something you'd see holding up the hatch on an old Toyota. I wear them anyway though. Texas heat trumps embarrassment I suppose. I picked up a pair of linen pants this off season and am eager to try them out once the temps get up to the point where they'll be appropriate. I'm hoping I'll be able to skip the shorts altogether this season except for doing things like mowing the yard.

Shorts? Oh no of course not, I go directly to Speedo's once the weather is not involving snow. The best time to wear them is when mowing the lawn or having friends over for BBQ!

In a pinch you can put on a Hawaiian shirt if you have to go to the corner store!

I love wearing shorts!

But not to work, church, etc.

Lounging, hanging out, off work, at the beach, daytime, nightime, as long as it's warm enough I'm wearing them!

I don't know if people are staring because of my gorgeous, well sculpted, sinewy jungle cat legs...or if it's cause they are pale, pasty, knock-kneed atrocities!

Not at work or church but I love shorts. I like longer shorts, right about at the knee give or take an inch up or down. Old navy has some nice shorts, even some vintage reprints of the madras style. Cargo pockets are nice but not a must...

I wear shorts a lot in the summer even though I have patchy leg hair. I've never cared one way or the other what people thought. I do wear pants when working and when going out.

Of course not to work, as there is a dress code policy. Obviously no if I'm dining out somewhere nice, attending Sunday mass, etc.

I wear knee length cargo shorts all all time unless the weather requires otherwise. Of course this is Central Texas where the temperatures favor more casual dress. In Austin, you don't really look out of place as people here tend to dress down around here.

My problem is, I don't know what to wear with shorts. I'd *like* to wear them in these Carolina summers, and have a few pair of plain khaki shorts from Columbia (most folks around here are into the plaid/flashy ones), but footwear trumps me. If I wore my NBs, my ex-wife would always say I looked like a fat baby. I'm a bit skeptical leaving my feet/toes exposed in sandals (for safety's sake; I'm also built like linebacker and usually end up with sore ankles after standing around in no support). Most folks back home in the MOV wear work boots in shorts (well, cut-off jeans...) but they're in a world all of their own up there. Most folks here wear Sperrys but they're all going for a particular look and I don't fit well into most molds.

Are the NBs ok? They're black, so maybe that's the problem. Maybe a lighter color (gray?) would blend in with the outfit better. Is there a more apt option?

Top Bottom