What's new

Schick Injector Type O

Hi,

This is probably a foolish question, but is it still possible to buy - anywhere - the Schick Injector Type O that used to be marketed in Japan? Alternately, does a third party, such as Merkur, make one - or is anything of the kind available (other than the one from Nationwide Campus)?

Thanks.

I've heard that they come up on eBay, but I've never seen one.

The reason I want one (or something similar) is that I'd like to move away from the Gillette triple blade system I've been using for years, and I'd like to try the Injector rather than a double-edge blade. I think I'd feel more confident, and I've read a lot of favorable opinions online. I wanted to avoid buying one of the vintage models that I do see on eBay frequently; I don't really care for the way they look (I'm not a collector, and I'm not big on nostalgia), and I feel a little funny about using an old, second-hand razor.

How much do they go for on eBay when they do come up? I'd buy an all-stainless version from a company like Merkur if they made one; I can't understand why they don't. There's certainly a market for it.

I've noticed that Merkur even makes a handle for the old twin-blade cartridges, and I haven't known anyone to use those in years.

There are a fair number of NOS (new, old stock) injectors that come up on Ebay. Like this: http://tinyurl.com/2kf7ws or this: http://tinyurl.com/3c3j8r

They do tend to get pricey, because on Ebay there are two types of buyers, those who buy used but nice razors, clean them up, and shave with them, and those that buy NOS razors, often to collect them. But as long as you don't mind paying upwards of $50 there are plenty of these to find.

The type O's are the rarest of rare, and only come up very occasionally.

Good luck to you. You might also ask on the Buy/sell forum to see if anyone has a cleaned up and sterilized Schick to sell you.

I saw those, actually, and am watching one of them. I'm also watching this one: http://tinyurl.com/2u7b9d, which is used, but it looks clean and has a thin handle, which I like.

Is there one among these that you would recommend over the others?

I regularly use one of the 1938-45 bakelite handled models, and am very happy with it. However, if you want a long-handled razor, just about any injector from the late '50s Hydro-Magic model through the end of production should suit (including, if your masculinity can stand it, the long-handled ladies Eversharp). Apart from the adjustment feature available on the dial models, the only signficant differences between the long-handled models are cosmetic.

There's plenty of information in the forums on cleaning and sterilizing a used injector, and that will certainly be the most cost-effective route for you to follow. But, as noted above, if you must have new, they're out there.

I regularily use a Schick J1 from the 60's. It was ~ $12 a few months ago on eBay. You don't have to worry about getting the last model made to get great shaves!

Norm

Hi,

This is probably a foolish question, but is it still possible to buy - anywhere - the Schick Injector Type O that used to be marketed in Japan? Alternately, does a third party, such as Merkur, make one - or is anything of the kind available (other than the one from Nationwide Campus)?

Thanks.

Please go sign this petition:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36548

I am working on a petition for a 3rd Party Re-incarnation of those Schick Injector some of you love (and some of us love to look at since we can't afford the over priced ones on ebay)

The demand is there, just need someone to help produce this with. Please sign up on the thread...We will be heard. No more spending a week's worth of groceries on an Injector guys!

I have an L model that is a great shaver. I know someone who is going to be visiting Japan this summer, and I am going to ask them to check the drugstores. If they are still being sold in Japan, I want one.

Type N's are much more common as they were sold for a longer time. Try Ebay.com (USA) as Injectors are much less common on the UK site.

I kinda think the "o" razor is out of reach for most of us, ebay wants $299 for one and I can`t find one anywhere else. Does anyone know anything about the Schick H. Can`t seem to find even a picture of one. I`ll google some more.

Bill

I kinda think the "o" razor is out of reach for most of us, ebay wants $299 for one and I can`t find one anywhere else. Does anyone know anything about the Schick H. Can`t seem to find even a picture of one. I`ll google some more.

Bill
The H Model was the Ladies Fashion Razor from 1947 to 1953..They are a kinda little white & gold square shaped thing...If you punch up the Schick ladies Fashion Razor they will come up..There are few for sale on EBay..:w00t:

Billy

I recently purchased a "O" clone from eBarberShop. Nicely made and shaves very well. It's mild but effective, easy to hold and nice to look at. Might want to check it out. I'll admit it's a little pricey though. Might want to look at ebay cuz there are lots of nice injectors at a reasonable price.

Thank you poppi, I just discovered them on eBarbershop last night for $25, not a bad price but maybe not worth it just for curiosity. But I`ll think about it. Thanks again.

Bill

Thank you poppi, I just discovered them on eBarbershop last night for $25, not a bad price but maybe not worth it just for curiosity. But I`ll think about it. Thanks again.

Bill
I don't have one of these Clones but they get terrible reviews and I know someone who has one and he reckons the quality of them is poor & I trust his Judgement .You will get a Real McCoy \Schick Injector for that price & bit more for an NOS one..Its a No Brainer..:w00t:

Billy

I don't have one of these Clones but they get terrible reviews and I know someone who has one and he reckons the quality of them is poor & I trust his Judgement .You will get a Real McCoy \Schick Injector for that price & bit more for an NOS one..Its a No Brainer..:w00t:

Billy
I'm qurious, the reviews that I've seen of the knock-offs are those copies of the Schick type L. The only reviews I've see of the knock-off type O is the one just a few replies above this. Has anyone else trie the eBarbershop injector? It really looks interesting.

I'm qurious, the reviews that I've seen of the knock-offs are those copies of the Schick type L. The only reviews I've see of the knock-off type O is the one just a few replies above this. Has anyone else trie the eBarbershop injector? It really looks interesting.
These O Type Clones have been about for many years and every now and again Folks think they have found something new & run and out & buy them..They were called the Nationwide Campus Injector..They were a Con..There are many threads on this injector and one was just recent...This is the last time I do this because folks just don't do their own homework by pressing a button & doing a search..That's what Forums are for..:w00t:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...jector&usg=AFQjCNH7k4UnYZclTJHnO_IPD3bsO3Eoug

Another..:thumbup1:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...jector&usg=AFQjCNGMqAyX1GWLfaX635-9iuBcG22FUg

Billy

Last edited:
Top Bottom