What's new

Mossei Mono Stainless Steel Injector

Happened to see this new injector style razor via a online shave store email that I'm subscribed to. It's marketed as a 316 Stainless Steel Injector that comes with 2 base plates in both sb and oc though the oc plate is made entirely of plastic. Kind of defeats the purpose but, it is what it is. It's made by a company called Mossei and it's called the Mono. Comes in 3 different finishes with one blade installed. Yes, just one blade and no others included. Price is a hefty $128 and is produced in China.

I'm not in the market for an injector as it's my least favorite of all the shave formats available. Still, I thought it was worth posting and perhaps for those that have an interest in an injector razor. Although a pretty pricey one if you ask me. More detailed info below directly from the online shave vendor.

IMG_20230728_191148586.jpg

IMG_20230728_191158531.jpg

IMG_20230728_191219148.jpg

Introducing MONO, the 316 Stainless Steel Single Edge Razor by Mossei, where innovation meets timeless elegance. This premium shaving tool is meticulously crafted to deliver an unparalleled shaving experience, combining functionality and sophistication in one masterful design.

Crafted from high-quality 316 stainless steel, MONO promises exceptional durability and resistance to corrosion, ensuring a long-lasting addition to your grooming essentials. Embracing minimalist aesthetics, this razor exudes a sense of refined simplicity, providing a comfortable and secure grip for a seamless shaving experience.

Available in three captivating colors – Space, Deep Sea, and Midnight – MONO allows you to express your personal style and elevate your shaving routine with a touch of individuality.

Equipped with an injector-style razor blade system, MONO guarantees effortless blade replacement and delivers a consistently smooth and precise shave. The razor's intuitive design makes it suitable for both experienced wet shavers and those new to the art of traditional shaving.

Experience the epitome of shaving perfection with MONO by Mossei. Embrace the precision and craftsmanship of this 316 Stainless Steel Single Edge Razor, available in three captivating colors. Elevate your grooming game with a shaving tool that marries durability and elegance, promising a seamless and enjoyable shaving experience. Choose MONO and redefine the art of shaving with this exquisite creation from Mossei.

Includes plastic open comb plate for a less aggressive shave. The stainless steel bottom plate is located under the first layer of packaging in the box.

Notice
: The Space image shows an open comb design but the razor has a straight bar like the Deep Sea and Midnight images.

Includes 1 Single Edge Blade

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hello Gus, interesting looking Mossei Mono SS razor that looks very similar to the Supply brand. Supply did have a SS model at one time and I'm not sure what the base metal they are made from now. Supply has a few different heads also that can be used on their models. I think their base model is around $60 US and up to $90 for the adjustable model, they are made from a different metal other than Stainless steel.

I bet Robert Herjavec is twitching right now.:c1: I believe the couple that started Supply finally sold out to him, and that the Supply razors are now zamak.

It looks like this is incorporating the changes that were the most common Supply complaints (thick top cap/cover, guard too far forward, and, possibly, the too-high blade tabs).

It *appears* that Supply is no longer selling anything real (SS), and their zamaks are ~$59. IIRC, the original SS razors were $75 for the razor & 1 plate, or $100 for all 3 plates and a couple of extras. Up until last year, Supply had the SS model on their site for $129. So, it looks like "someone" decided that they have the MIM mold and see a market.

I should have noted- the Supply razors do provide a nice, worry free shave, typical of Injectors; however, I rarely reach for any of the ones I own.

Hey, it's something new in the empty desert landscape of modern injectors.

I'm considering it. Trying to talk myself out of it, but considering for sure...

Update on these razors:
The Razor Company is selling them for $90 in any of the 3 finishes!
I believe they just started stocking them.
Normal price thru the Mossei website and the wet shaving store is $129
$90 I believe is a more realistic and compelling price to try one out!
Just when I think I'm good, something else interesting comes out, Ugg!!🤔

Update on these razors:
It looks like a straight copy of the Supply. Even the warranty and some of the language on their website is the same. If you want stainless check out Connaught clearance Supply. Comes with the 3 plates and is 65 pounds delivered with 20 blades…

It looks like a straight copy of the Supply. Even the warranty and some of the language on their website is the same. If you want stainless check out Connaught clearance Supply. Comes with the 3 plates and is 65 pounds delivered with 20 blades…
It's similar but the handle isn't the same at all and the head is supposed to be much slimmer. I already have the Supply pro and want to try this one because of it's difference. I saw a couple of videos and the build quality of the Mossei is supposed to be A-1 and very refined!
In the YouTube videos you can see the difference (and in the picture below)!
I just ordered the deep blue one from the Razor company and paid the same as Connaught's Supply v2 by using a discount code!

full

I'm confused, the Razor Company page lists and shows a plastic base plate, presumably that is why it is cheaper than the Mossei site which shows a metal one? Also the plastic has fins like the Supply SE and the Mossei site has a safety bar like the Supply v2.

I'm confused, the Razor Company page lists and shows a plastic base plate, presumably that is why it is cheaper than the Mossei site which shows a metal one? Also the plastic has fins like the Supply SE and the Mossei site has a safety bar like the Supply v2.
Mine just shipped out today so we'll find out what it actually is when I get it next week!

But from what I've read and seen in videos:
The razor comes preinstalled with the plastic comb head and one of their blades loaded. In the box it includes the regular stainless head that you install after removing the plastic one.
I doubt that they made a downgraded version for the Razor Company. I've noticed that the Razor Company normally just sells for a better price when a new item is introduced. Wet shaving store was the first vendor to have it and they sell it for the same price as Mossei's website.
It looks as if the Razor Company just took one of each out of the box to take the pictures where right out of the box it comes with the plastic head installed. Another thing I've noticed is that the Razor Companies item descriptions are always very vague.
If you look on Mossei's website they make no mention of a downgraded version. They don't even offer one!
So again, doubtful that the Razor Company would be selling something like that.
(I hope!)🤣
This video shows what it hopefully is:

Last edited:
Delivered today from the Razor Company.
Yes the stainless head is included (under the top foam piece in the box)!! $40 less than anywhere else.
Buy one before they're gone:

full

full

full

Update on these razors:
Update on this:
The Razor Company has raised the price to $129 which is the same price that everyone else has them for
(including Mossei's website).
I don't know how they sold them at $89 to begin with but that's what I paid. Maybe it was an introductory price or something. If I had known, I would have bought two more in the other colors available!
At $89, it was a bargain considering how good it is. The build quality is immaculate and it's a very aggressive injector razor which I like for certain shave days.
If you like injectors, this is one to seriously consider!

Last edited:
I decided to give the Mossei Mono a try and got one from TRC for $129.99 a few weeks ago.

Let me admit upfront that injectors are my least favorite format but I have a Schick L1 that I bought new and I get decent shaves from it.

I found the Mono to be rather aggressive for the amount of efficiency it gives, especially with the stainless steel head. Using the plastic head I got a shave close to the same as my L1.

Unsure at this point if I will keep it but I think the Mono may be one of only a few razors I've found to be "not for me". I like the look of it and I like the fact that it is a hefty stainless steel razor but very well balanced. I suppose I might "learn it" after many shaves but to be honest I prefer a razor I can grab anytime and get a great shave with it. That's why I sold my Vector; great shaves after 2 or 3 in a row but not so much after using other razors for a month.

20240305_052647.jpg

I decided to give the Mossei Mono a try and got one from TRC for $129.99 a few weeks ago.

Let me admit upfront that injectors are my least favorite format but I have a Schick L1 that I bought new and I get decent shaves from it.

I found the Mono to be rather aggressive for the amount of efficiency it gives, especially with the stainless steel head. Using the plastic head I got a shave close to the same as my L1.

Unsure at this point if I will keep it but I think the Mono may be one of only a few razors I've found to be "not for me". I like the look of it and I like the fact that it is a hefty stainless steel razor but very well balanced. I suppose I might "learn it" after many shaves but to be honest I prefer a razor I can grab anytime and get a great shave with it. That's why I sold my Vector; great shaves after 2 or 3 in a row but not so much after using other razors for a month.

View attachment 1809336
My long term experience mirrors yours. With the stainless head, I found it to be very aggressive. I like aggressive razors sometimes but found it too aggressive for daily use. And aggressive without the expected efficiency!
It's an exquisite beautiful razor but the performance just want there. I've since sold it!
And I think it was the razor that took me the longest to sell.
Luckily since I bought it cheap, it wasn't a huge loss.
I've found that my favorite injector is the Asylum injector razor. It's not as pretty or well built as the Mossei but it does what it's supposed to do perfectly. Smooth, mildly aggressive & efficient.
It's become one of my favorites!

Top Bottom