Favorite lime shave cream.

What best lime

• T&H West Indian Limes

• Trumpers Lime

• Salter Lime

• SCS Lime

• other please specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
Castle Forbes I know it is overpriced but one the the best period IMHO if it cost less I think more would agree but that price is a killer.

Castle Forbes I know it is overpriced but one the the best period IMHO if it cost less I think more would agree but that price is a killer.

I just can not consider a shave cream that is so expensive.

I have an SCS coming in the mail. My favorite to date is Pirates Cove Lime soap, which has a great lime scent and KMF Key Lime mixed together. The KMF has a weak scent and wonderful lather. Best of both come thru when mixed!

Another vote Castle Forbes. Yes, its obscenely expensive but a little goes a long way and I still think its the "best" out there.

--Mark

OK so since everyone thinks that castle forbes is so great is there any way to get a sample of it? I know Scotto is out of most of the lime shave cream.

I voted T&H Limes. It's one of my 3 favorite creams. I get great shaves with it, I love the scent, and the scent is quite strong.

The Trumper's scent is a bit more subtle/delicate, but it's got the typical great Trumper shave quality.

Mike

I've tried them all and I like Castle Forbes the best. However, if you want to try something cheaper that shaves great with just as good a smell, give Qedusa.com's Lime Soap a try. I started shaving with creams, but once I tried this lime soap, I am now using it almost exclusively. The shave and smell are great and the cost is very reasonable compared to the creams.

Jon

I am a big Castle Forbes Lime fan. I have tried the T&H WIL as well, and I think it too is very good. That said, it isn't that close a call for me: CF all the way!!!

I am a big fan of the T&H West Indian Limes. I have not tried the others so my vote comes from limited experience. I would suggest taking a look at some of the great Lime soaps out there like QED, Mama Bear, Pirates Cove and such.

My only experience is with an NOS tube of Coates that I picked up last year. Overall a very nice cream - lathers very well and has a pleasant tangy lime scent. Since it's v. cold here now, I am favoring the oilier creams at the moment and consider the lime to be more of a hot weather chance.

IMHO there are a lot of "nice" ones out there, and I've tried T&H, Trumper, Coates...
but for me the best lime shave cream I've tried, at any price, is Castle Forbes.
It just is THAT good.
John P.

Oh yeah...another vote for QED's lime soap, even though it's not a cream...great complement to the CF limes cream, I think....
John P.

Oh yeah...another vote for QED's lime soap, even though it's not a cream...great complement to the CF limes cream, I think....
John P.
I also have the QED lime soap. Its a different, more "earthy" scent than CF (which is more "sweet"--I call it shaving with Key Lime Pie :001_tt1: ) but I agree its an excellent soap. A lot cheaper than CF too :smile: .

--Mark

Having sampled both Trumper's and T&H, I have to vote for Trumper's. It's delicate, not so in-your-face. T&H West Indian Lime is a bit overpowering. When my wife smelled the T&H, she asked me why I would want to shave with something that smells like a cross between a citronella candle and some lime scented household cleaner. And I can't really disagree -- it doesn't smell like a serious grooming product, but more like a novelty item. Of course, this is only one man's opinion, and I'm clearly in the minority.

Top Bottom