What's new

Feather DX is here

I've been waiting for my Feather AC DX to arrive, and 3 days after ordering it from Classic Shaving, it arrived this morning.

I've been using the Feather RG for the past couple of months, and though I'm still on the learning curve, my shaves have been getting quite good. I'd say I'm near the bottom of that learning curve, and its been an interesting ride. :ohmy:

I think I've done just what Feather wants anyone who uses their straights to do. Get hooked on the RG, and then spring the extra $100 for the DX. :blush: With that out of the way, and not yet having shaved with the DX, all I've done is compare the two.

Right off the bat the DX is much better looking than the RG, and to me the DX feels just a bit lighter. The DX is stainless steel while the RG is plated brass. I guess a good comparison between the 2 would be like comparing a nice Ford model car to a Porsche sports car. The look, and feel is that noticeable. :w00t:

I've yet to shave with the DX, but it looks like it'll be an even better shave than with the RG, and the RG gives a very nice shave indeed. I'll be shaving tomorrow, and I know I'll be using that new Feather AC DX. :thumbup1:

Personally, I prefer the look of the RG. I dig the matt chrome finish. There was a DX going secondhand on here for about the price of an RG when I was buying mine, and I still chose the RG instead.

But then I'm the sucker who paid an extra $50 for teak scales, so Feather have made some more out of me there. :)

Personally, I prefer the look of the RG. I dig the matt chrome finish. There was a DX going secondhand on here for about the price of an RG when I was buying mine, and I still chose the RG instead.

But then I'm the sucker who paid an extra $50 for teak scales, so Feather have made some more out of me there. :)

Yeah, Feather seems to get you one way or another. :001_rolle

congradulations, It is a fine quality razor.
I know you will be enjoying it for years.
Mike

I'm sure I will Mike. We've talked about this before, and having both the RG and the DX, I can really see the difference in the two. For sure the DX seems the better. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom