What's new

The adventure continues...

My blade sample pack just came in the mail yesterday (good service letterk :thumbup1: ) and like all children on Christmas day I couldn't wait to open it. To give a brief history, this is my third week shaving the way God intended and it has been a complete joy :tongue: . I swear my wife thinks I'm nuts but just wait until the full-blown AD sets in.

I used the blade that came with my HD to start with and thinking that I could get something in a drugstore to hold me over I bought some CVS brand. After going back to the Merkur that was in the sample pack I can really see the difference in blades. Of course the Feather not be used for a few weeks yet but it will be fun to try out the different types. Thanks again to you guys for all of your advice. More to come...:biggrin:

Welcome to B&B! (and the rest of your life!)
Nothing like the blade sampler to get you on the road and started.

Marty

Now you got my interest how does the CVS brand compare to the brandds in the sampler pack in terms of quality. Why do I ask? Simple: CVS is the brand of blades that I have been putting up with lately, perhaps I need to seek a better brand and the LetterK

Welcome to B&B. And if your wife thinks you are :out:
boy is she in for a ride. The rabbit hole only gets deeper.

Now you got my interest how does the CVS brand compare to the brandds in the sampler pack in terms of quality. Why do I ask? Simple: CVS is the brand of blades that I have been putting up with lately, perhaps I need to seek a better brand and the LetterK

I honestly thought that there really couldn't be that big of a difference with the blades but boy was I wrong. I'm sure I'll have quite an adventure trying all of the blades in the pack but they are definitely better than the CVS brand (and cheaper). The cut is more precise and I notice less irritation.

i started with the swedish gillette and found it a little too aggressive for my still-developing technique. I moved back a bit and have had nice shaves with the IP. I did 2 SG blades before switching to the IP, and I will start with my 2nd IP tomorrow. I'm sure when my technique improves I'll go back to the SG and see why so many folks love it so.

In short, I, too, am enjoying the adventure!

Sounds as though you're off to a good start. As I have several times today, let me recommend that you get an alum bar from Mama Bear---look at the bottom of that page. Lots of info on its use at the post whose link is below my signature.

Welcome and follow the advice above to check out Leisureguys blog. Its fun to read and has some excellent information!

Also, I believe the CVS brand of blades are US Personna's. I went back to a pack I have and have gotten great shaves this week. Keep trying different things and enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom