What's new

What Are You Reading?

Currently reading "To Kill a Mockingbird." Read as a Freshman in high school, which, by my poor math, was about 22 years ago. Not as good as it is made to seem, in my opinion

Just finished two books by James Randi :
1)The faith healers
2)Flim-Flam! Psychics, ESP, Unicorns, and Other Delusions

Both highly recommended!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The one that started it all. I've read all the Ryan-verse novels except the new ones (anything past Teeth of the Tiger) at least 3 times.

Starting with Red Rabbit, it seemed like somebody other than Clancy was doing the writing. Teeth of the Tiger was almost unreadable.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
+2 on the deterioration of Clancy's novels, seemed the fatter they got and the more co-authors became involved the less readable they became.

Monday my library served up Greg Iles new book - The Bone Tree. Starting out well (though I don't recall much detail from the first in the series), kind of a mix between Harper Lee and a Grisham book I think, or perhaps just because of the Deep South overtones. Finished up Sandford's Gathering Prey first. That was good if you like the Lucas Davenport series - as always a quick read, this one takes place mostly outside Minnesota, much of it in Michigan's own UP .. first I had ever heard of a creature called a Juggalo, I mean, they're insane ..

Top Bottom