What's new

My Guess... 3017

This stuff really leaves the skin dry. I used aftershave and a moisturizer and it's still a little itchy. Love the scent but the shaves aren't great.

Every now and then I have noticed my face may be itchy after a shave. I attributed it to a really close shave and possibly a minor issue with the fragrance. Is the general consensus that sensation is dry skin? I do normally have dry skin so next time it happens I'll try to keep notice.

How many of you guys have spent an extended time 3017'ing samples? I've been doing that since I finished off my last full sized product. I'm finding it rather unrewarding, especially the cream samples which I get 3-4 shaves and then it's over. All I know at that point is if I like the scent.
When I first started 3017 to get rid of products the first thing I did was use all of my samples. Honestly it was not rewarding at all. I could tell if I liked the scent and that's about it. I couldn't judge a product fully by a couple of shaves from a sample. They are harder to load and don't last long enough. Only exception is Stirling. That sample is big enough to be good.

Quietly moved into week 4 with the blue yesterday. Good performance right from the start.

$image.jpg

My brush after applying the first pass. I have about a third of the tube left.

I always have a tube of Blue on hand for travel, and when I just feel like I want a good shave without a lot of bother. Good stuff!

I'm doing that right now - just to clear them out of inventory. It's kind of fun doing something different every third or fourth day but I can see that I'll be chomping at the bit to get back to full pucks within a couple or three weeks.

Same here...I 3017 samples just to get rid of them / reclaim much needed space in my den.

Quietly moved into week 4 with the blue yesterday. Good performance right from the start.

View attachment 584328

My brush after applying the first pass. I have about a third of the tube left.

I completely forgot until your post that I have a tube with maybe 2 shaves usage sitting in Chicago. It just might be my next 3017 victim once I get back, the scent is great for Summer. Doing all the Stirling samples while here in Japan has been nice but I need a longer commitment now.

Much better shave with the XXX and the 2-band bulb. I guess this soap needs a stiffer brush. Kind of disappointing since the brush is brand new and seems to have limited functionality.

The XXX is doing that weird thing that Italian soaps will do in releasing tiny little grains of soap during the lather. Doesn't affect the shave but it looks and feels weird.

I'm doing that right now - just to clear them out of inventory. It's kind of fun doing something different every third or fourth day but I can see that I'll be chomping at the bit to get back to full pucks within a couple or three weeks.

For me it depended on the size of the sample. Creams tended to do worse because in a lot of cases there was not much to work with. Garry's soap samples usually gave me enough time to figure them out if I didn't load them like they owed me something.

Thankful to say, no samples left in my collection and I don't believe I have any partials. The only partials I have are travel items.

I am happy to be out of sample jail as well, and am currently working on my only partial, except a tube of Blue which is my travel buddy.

I pulled out my horde of samples and tossed them all together in a plastic tub… Oy vey… Not exaggerating at all, it's at least a year. 11 Stirlings. at least 3-4 from maggards, B&M, LASS, QCS, Mikes, Volabra, TOBS, Simpson, T&H. Probably a dozen mystic water.

I put all of my full size products up and I'm going to commit to the sample tub of doom. I started with Mystic Water Rosalimone. I detest florals almost universally, but this is OK. There's enough lemon so I don't feel grandmotherly. CRSW Puro Fresco balm seems like a good combo with it.

So the journey begins on my pint sized 3017 adventure of samples johnniegold style … :scooter:

I pulled out my horde of samples and tossed them all together in a plastic tub… Oy vey… Not exaggerating at all, it's at least a year. 11 Stirlings. at least 3-4 from maggards, B&M, LASS, QCS, Mikes, Volabra, TOBS, Simpson, T&H. Probably a dozen mystic water.

I put all of my full size products up and I'm going to commit to the sample tub of doom. I started with Mystic Water Rosalimone. I detest florals almost universally, but this is OK. There's enough lemon so I don't feel grandmotherly. CRSW Puro Fresco balm seems like a good combo with it.

So the journey begins on my pint sized 3017 adventure of samples johnniegold style … :scooter:

That would be worthy of its own thread!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
That would make a nice franken-puck or two. That's how I would tackle it, unless you really wanted to sample each and every one on its own to determine whether to purchase or not.

Checking in. I finished the TOBS Almond and moved on to IanS 5AM Fougere. This was PIF'ed by DrC. Unfortunately, my skin had a burning sensation from the soap. Presumably it was a reaction to the cinnamon. So, the PIF will continue. Anyone interested should post an "I'm in" by Thursday. Only restriction is to have a post announcing your 3017 attempt somewhere in this thread before this one.

BTW, I moved on to Musgo Real Orange & Amber. It was another PIF, from mikeschu. The Musgo is working pretty well. I'm getting smooth shaves, not quite as creamy as the TOBS but still comfortable. It might have a little more slickness, though.

Checking in. I finished the TOBS Almond and moved on to IanS 5AM Fougere. This was PIF'ed by DrC. Unfortunately, my skin had a burning sensation from the soap. Presumably it was a reaction to the cinnamon. So, the PIF will continue. Anyone interested should post an "I'm in" by Thursday. Only restriction is to have a post announcing your 3017 attempt somewhere in this thread before this one.

BTW, I moved on to Musgo Real Orange & Amber. It was another PIF, from mikeschu. The Musgo is working pretty well. I'm getting smooth shaves, not quite as creamy as the TOBS but still comfortable. It might have a little more slickness, though.

I'm in, I was never able to pick up a full tub of IanS before production stopped. What a great opportunity, thanks!

Still working though my sample puck of MITA. I'm looking forward to a full 3017 when I get back to Chicago. Godspeed to you, Phil, if you can stick with that sample box!

Top Bottom