What's new

My Guess... 3017

How does the Opus X smell? I have some samples of their soap and they are the best glycerin soaps I've ever used. The blood orange is absolutely amazing.

It smells just like opening a new container of pipe tobacco. Cavendish, I'd say. I don't know how they did it, but it's very nice.

Yesterday, after my shave I notices a little white poking through the bottom of the QCS tub, This morning I have a hole a little larger than a quarter, maybe there is less soap than I thought. I also noticed a few ingrowns on my face, I find this sad because, I love soaps with lanolin, but I am not sure I I will be using them any more I will probably take tomorrow and Sunday off. and contemplate my lanolin dilemma.

I'm solely using the cade soap, only thing is I have not used it to shave yet! I've just been test lathering for a couple of new brushes - vie long model 13710 & Vintage blades finest 2 band (my 1st 2 band).

I was already a fan of the cade smell, but now I cannot get enough of it :drool: I look fwd to when I start shaving with it properly...

PS the VB finest brush is the least funkiest brush I've come across, YMMV...

My next soap to be used from start to finish is a whopping enormous seven (7) ounce (198 gram) glass bowl filled to the brim with several Valobra shaving sticks all grated together into a single tub. It'll take me several months of continuous use to use it all up. This morning I used the Semogue Italian Barber Limited Edition boar brush with a measured 90 second loading time to whip up a monster of a lather. It only emphasizes the folly of excess when I understand that for the next three to five months or more, I will not be using any of my other soaps and creams. I still have way too many soaps and creams. Tomorrow will be shave #4 of many from this excellent tallow Italian soap.

My next soap to be used from start to finish is a whopping enormous seven (7) ounce (198 gram) glass bowl filled to the brim with several Valobra shaving sticks all grated together into a single tub.

A challenge: :a5:

If you finish that bowl before the morning of your American Independence Day, and post a picture of the empty glass jar, I'll send a PIF to someone (you can choose how to pick the recipient).

In the PIF, I'll include a stick of Valobra, a RazoRock Boston Tea Party shave soap, and Cella.

Also, you should post a pick of the full jar to make the challenge official.

:a50::a50:

If you accept the challenge, good luck!

If you finish that bowl before the morning of your American Independence Day, and post a picture of the empty glass jar, I'll send a PIF to someone (you can choose how to pick the recipient).

In the PIF, I'll include a stick of Valobra, a RazoRock Boston Tea Party shave soap, and Cella.

Well played, sir!

Ha! Challenge is accepted! Here's the full bowl. This is the incentive I needed. Thanks!

Attachments

• $DSC07634.JPG
    $DSC07634.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Scaled the QCS Green Irish Tweed before Sunday's shave, and it came to ~60g. That means I've used about 25g in a week of seven eight shaves.

:blush:

I'm just a little embarrassed, even as a 3017'er.

Last edited:
Tabac is one hard soap. I've been beating it up with my 2010 custom boar, two D-01 2 band brushes and my Rover but it still seems like its going slowly compared to my other soaps. I can see this soap lasting over 4 months.

Finally decided to see what all you 3017ers were up to. I have been using this strategy for a couple months now (aos lavender cream, aos lemon cream, mw rosalimone and now mw lav/lim).

i also do the weighted jar. weigh an empty jar of same, weight jar i'm using and figure out how long it's going to last. i have been using approx 3g/shave of MW soap, and figure i have about 20-25 days left on this tub, then it's on to the next one.

3g sounds like a lot per shave, but I am just loading normally with a variety of brushes and face lathering. I'm getting 3 excellent pass lathers and bonus lather for face during clean up.

I'm not about to try and cut back in the amount as I have an abundance of product to get thru

Last edited:
Ha! Challenge is accepted! I'll get a photo of the full bowl posted later this evening. This is the incentive I needed. Thanks!

Good stuff. I'll be interested to see how you make out:thumbup: Hopefully you don't end up leaving some poor stubbly would-be PIF recipient with a sad heart and nothing but empty bowl in his/her hands:crying:

Good show sir! Now that's see that soap!! :thumbup:

Whoa!! That's a lot of Valobra!! Looks like you've certainly got a challenge ahead of you. Better bring the egg timer into the bathroom for proper load times :lol:

Still moving along with the DRH Marlborough. I'm loving the smell (so does SWMBO) but the lather is somewhat diappointing. I get a good lather at first, but I barely have enough for my third pass when I'm done. I haven't broken open the Windsor yet, but my Arlington is just about the perfect performing soap. I have shifted my technique a few times to make sure it's not me, but I get by with it and I'll continue to use it until it's gone.

Top Bottom