What's new

My Guess... 3017

And down goes the tube of Speick! I finally finished it up this morning. I didn't have enough for one more shave so I loaded the rest in and had a lot of lather left over. :lol:

I started this on 9/1. I shave 3x/week and I had three or four weeks where I didn't use it, plus a couple of weeks where I only shaved twice. I'm going to guess that if I shaved every day or 6x/week, I'd be through a tube in about two months.

I'm not sure what I'm going to use up after this. I want to start on the pile of samples I have, but I also have an opened tube of TBS Maca Root Cream that I should probably use up first.

Last edited:
My QCS celestial woods fell out of the container this morning there is a very large hole in the center. I think I had less than I thought. I have pressed the rest in to a ramekin I think I have 5 days or less I should probably start thinking about what to use next.
A cream or a soap?

My IK is still going strong. Had to skip my shave the last few mornings, but had another brilliant shave this morning. I almost wish this soap was unscented, because the floral/powder scent is starting to get to me. The performance is top notch though.

Broke through the QCS Green Irish Tweed this morning. Won't be long now.

I've got a ~150g tub of P.160 that I think will be next (will scale it before I start this time). Since I have an unopened kilo brick of P.160, too, it seems like I should knock this one out.

Broke through the QCS Green Irish Tweed this morning. Won't be long now.

I've got a ~150g tub of P.160 that I think will be next (will scale it before I start this time). Since I have an unopened kilo brick of P.160, too, it seems like I should knock this one out.
P.160 is lovely stuff. Uhm.... you aren't planning on eventually going through a whole brick in one go are you? That would be about two years with a single product!

P.160 is lovely stuff. Uhm.... you aren't planning on eventually going through a whole brick in one go are you? That would be about two years with a single product!

Nossir, 150-200g a whack. I've got 8oz plastic tubs I use for TFS, Vito's Coconut, and P.160, all stocked in brick form.

And, if I went through it like I have the QCS, it would barely last a year, since I'm perilously close to 3g per shave. Had gobs of great lather every morning, though. Just typing this stiffens my resolve for the 2013 Sabbatical, as I have unopened kilo bricks of Vito's, TFS Barbe Rosse, and P.160, plus ~300g in another TFS brick, plus a locker full of soaps and croaps.

$Photo 2.jpg

Last edited:

brucered

System Generated
Yikes...how deep do those soaps go?

3g is what i probably use with my QCS creams and MW soaps..between 2-3g on average when i checked.

makes for a nice shave when you have that much product loaded :thumbup:

$shocked-baby-with-mouth-agape.jpg

When I started reading this thread, I thought Johnniegold Bob was the only one with a really serious problem......... after seeing some of the other pictures, I'm starting to think that he is doing okay.

Yikes...how deep do those soaps go?

Just one deep...what you see is what I have. Well, except for the shave stick drawer that has a handful of sticks and a couple of Old Spice mugs, one with the original puck and one with Dr. Dittmar in it.

:blush:

Really, the only thing missing since I started 3017'ing the soft goods is the tub holding my grated Tabac stick, so this is basically a "Before" picture. I'm 3017'ing or PIF'ing the contents (Rule: If I'm not going to use it until it's gone, it gets PIF'd). I'm only going to keep and/or restock items I like enough to use everyday.

Last edited:
Just one deep...what you see is what I have. Well, except for the shave stick drawer that has a handful of sticks and a couple of Old Spice mugs, one with the original puck and one with Dr. Dittmar in it.

:blush:

Really, the only thing missing since I started 3017'ing the soft goods is the tub holding my grated Tabac stick, so this is basically a "Before" picture. I'm 3017'ing or PIF'ing the contents (Rule: If I'm not going to use it until it's gone, it gets PIF'd). I'm only going to keep and/or restock items I like enough to use everyday.

I like that rule.

I have broken through the RazoRock Napoleon's Violet, and have an excellent view of the container underneath. I stick to my estimate of a February 1 completion date, if not earlier. As a note, the packaging recommends a 45 second loading time, and I am sticking to that religiously. It delivers excellent, copious lather, but I think it's fair to say that you can count on 1 month of lathers per tub of RazoRock Artisan soap, give or take a week.

Today I'm starting on an unknown amount of TBS Maca Root Cream in a 125ml tube. I know the tube weighs 98g when I started. If anyone knows how much a full and empty tube weighs let me know.

As for today's shave, I squeezed out enough to shave the neighborhood cats and possums (~3g). I hadn't used it in a while, apparently. :lol: But I'm itching to get this one completed to move on to better things.

The QCS Esquire puck is sorta falling apart at this point. I should have stopped keeping the lid on the container a few shaves ago but I wasn't thinking. So I scraped it all out and mashed it into the bottom of my VDH bowl so it can (hopefully) dry out a bit. It won't be long now.

Today I'm starting on an unknown amount of TBS Maca Root Cream in a 125ml tube. I know the tube weighs 98g when I started. If anyone knows how much a full and empty tube weighs let me know.

As for today's shave, I squeezed out enough to shave the neighborhood cats and possums (~3g). I hadn't used it in a while, apparently. :lol: But I'm itching to get this one completed to move on to better things.

I feel the same about the Body Shop Maca Root. It's fine, but I want to get to better things - tomorrow's shave should end the run.

RazoRock Napoleon's Violet gave up the ghost today. Great soap, and I look forward to trying more IB soaps in the future. I will use Musgo Real Oakmoss cream for the rest of the month, and start February with a twice-used puck of Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge.

Top Bottom