What's new

My Guess... 3017

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
In light of the fact that the two Valobra sticks are grated together, I think it would take significantly less time to finish than say the two sticks if they were used separately.

After grating a puck of MWF I think it definitely accelerated its demise.

I would venture a guess and say your puck of Valobra will be completed (if used everyday) by the middle of May.

In light of the fact that the two Valobra sticks are grated together...

I think Gary [brothers] used the term 'several' Valobra sticks instead of 'two'. Not sure if that affects your forecast or not, and maybe he can tell us the approximate weight of the soap if he has another bowl like the one with the grated sticks in it to scale empty.

That's what I did. The soap alone weighs right at 7 ounces, not counting the bowl. It's probably at least 3 sticks, probably more.

That's what I did. The soap alone weighs right at 7 ounces, not counting the bowl. It's probably at least 3 sticks, probably more.

7 ounces equals about 198.4 grams.

One stick of Valobra is 2 ounces, so you have 3.5 sticks of soap in the bowl. That is a lot of soap! Your shaves will be great!

Lessee, if it were me and my QCS, 200g would last me about 65 days :)blushing:), so let's call it 10 weeks to be generous. That would barely get me to the end of March, and that's a croap, not a grated stick, which I think would go faster. Since Gary is likely not a total hedonist, let's tack on 20% to assume a more sound use of resources.

I say the Valobra is done by the Ides of April.

Remember, load it like you love it!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I think Gary [brothers] used the term 'several' Valobra sticks instead of 'two'. Not sure if that affects your forecast or not, and maybe he can tell us the approximate weight of the soap if he has another bowl like the one with the grated sticks in it to scale empty.

I'll tack on another 4 weeks and estimate a completion date of mid-June. Let's say, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 1:36 P.M. EST. :wink:

My Lothantique LeCollectioneur bit the dust this morning. My personal conclusion: good to very good.

Up next, a thin sample of Benton Clay Vetiver Paradisi. Looking forward to it.

Well it turns out that I either A: significantly overestimated the amount of Bigelow left or B: have been using much more than necessary because tomorrow will be the last shave with this tube. The Arko is still hanging in there but there's not much left. I'm guessing about another week or so.

I'm downgrading XXX to XX. Deteriorating to :death: soon.

January 6, 2013, when I started XXX monogamy:

After tonight's shave. January 22, 2013:

brucered

System Generated
since i'm extremely late to the 3017 thread, I'll have to remember you guys like before/after pics.

my next puck/tub, i'll be sure to take some.

I am about 7 weeks into DRH Arlington. I'm still surprised at how much water DRH takes. The shaves are consistently the best ever for me - really enjoying the soap performance and scent. Early on I milled the puck into a stick. I'm loading up enough for my 3 passes plus another couple going down the sink. Even with that I'm looking at 9+ months to get through the full puck. Face lathering may not be fully in the spirit of 3017 use-it-up.

I am about 7 weeks into DRH Arlington. I'm still surprised at how much water DRH takes. The shaves are consistently the best ever for me - really enjoying the soap performance and scent. Early on I milled the puck into a stick. I'm loading up enough for my 3 passes plus another couple going down the sink. Even with that I'm looking at 9+ months to get through the full puck. Face lathering may not be fully in the spirit of 3017 use-it-up.

9 months! If you're satisfied with the volume of lather you're seeing, then face lathering must be a technique you've just about perfected.

Well, I said goodbye to the CO Bigelow this morning. Now it's on to a 50% tube of DR Harris Marlborough. I have a feeling this cream will outlast the Arko, but I felt the same way by the CO Bigelow and we see how that worked out.

Proraso Red/Arko Combo: 1 Jan 2013 - 16 Jan 2013
CO Bigelow/Arko Combo: 17 Jan 2013 - 23 Jan 2013
DR Harris Marlborough/Arko Combo: 24 Jan 2013 - ??

Top Bottom