What's new

L'Occitane Vetyver: decant or bottle?

Hey cool people--

I'm moving soon and need to put some stuff on BST. Not a pleasant choice, but a necessary one.

Anyway, I've got a bottle of L'Occitane Vetyver that's 85-90% full, and I was going to put it up, but I see a bunch of people saying they want to try it. Would it be better to put up several decants instead of the whole bottle?

I'm really not trying to profit---but I know what it's like to search and scramble for something I've heard about, but don't know what it would actually smell like on me (i.e. Marlborough, Spanish Leather, Floris, etc.)

Again, I'm not looking to score $$. I've done okay on ebay and that's enough.

AND, if this is stupid and I'm splitting hairs, that's cool. I'll probably put the bottle up tonight or tomorrow. Just wanted some feedback.

Thanks,
sb

Put it up on BST. Decants are nice but only for hard to find items line Floid (blue), Pitralon or other exports.

Hey cool people--

I'm moving soon and need to put some stuff on BST. Not a pleasant choice, but a necessary one.

Anyway, I've got a bottle of L'Occitane Vetyver that's 85-90% full, and I was going to put it up, but I see a bunch of people saying they want to try it. Would it be better to put up several decants instead of the whole bottle?

I'm really not trying to profit---but I know what it's like to search and scramble for something I've heard about, but don't know what it would actually smell like on me (i.e. Marlborough, Spanish Leather, Floris, etc.)

Again, I'm not looking to score $$. I've done okay on ebay and that's enough.

AND, if this is stupid and I'm splitting hairs, that's cool. I'll probably put the bottle up tonight or tomorrow. Just wanted some feedback.

Thanks,
sb

Nice of you to ask. I think if you wish for a hassle free sale the selling the bottle is the way to go. It seems to me portioning it into decants for individual sale is more a service to a community than anything else.

Nice of you to think of others.

L'Occitane Vetyver is on of my regular frags. However, it isn't pricey enough, IMHO, to decant.

My opinion is to list the bottle.

nice of you to think of others.

L'occitane vetyver is on of my regular frags. however, it isn't pricey enough, imho, to decant.

my opinion is to list the bottle.

+1

Unless you want to simply do it for the good of the forum, which would be very cool of you.

Since your motivation is primarily clearing out in prep to move, selling the bottle seems to be the simplest, fastest way. And as others have said, this one isn't as pricey as many frags, and samples are available at L'Occitane stores, although not everyone is close to a store.

Nice of you to offer decants, though, and if you have the time before you move, you could probably move it out this way, too. You have to consider getting the bottles to do the decants, too, and multiple boxes and packing material for mailing.

Good luck in whichever way you choose.

:cool:

Top Bottom