Thread: Aftershave Splash, Really cheap!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Aftershave Splash, Really cheap!

Early last year I switched over from disposable plastic razors to a Weishi DE, TTO razor. The first shave left my face a little irritated. I had been using some Old Spice after shave and only had a small dribble left in the bottom of the bottle. Hardly enough to cover my face. I had some Western Family mouth wash. (like Listerine) 33.8 fluid ounces for around four dollars. I read the ingredients and figured there was not anything in it to hurt me, so I poured some in my hand and applied it to my face. The was a slight amount of sting that went away almost immediately. I waited a few seconds then applied the last of my Old Spice aftershave. The combination produces an interesting smell that I like. I have used the mouth wash as a splash, ever since. It seems to take the sting out and help heal any razor burn. I have since used numerous Bay Rums, Pinaud Clubman, Draggon Noir,Mennen and Stephens Spicy aftershave on top[ of the mouthwash. It all seems to blend in with the mouthwash a create a different fragrance that smells great.

Funny that you posted this - I recently rec'd a sample of an aftershave splash from a highly-reputable vendor and upon openning it I immediately recognized a very mouthwashing smell to it - weird stuff!

Have yet to try it, but I wonder how it might taste now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*bleck*!..mouthwash for yer face?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

This must be some weird trend going on. I'll stick to regular aftershave and leave the Lavoris for my mouth.
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mouth wash and aftershaves are almost entirely alcohol and water, shouldn't hurt, but why? So is Scotch whisky but I only wear it on the inside;
    ken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Aftershave splash, Really cheap!

I should have noted in my previous post that I have experimented with three other flavored mouthwashes. They don't seem to work as well as the original Listerine type, Western Family mouthwash. The others seemed to leave a coating on my face that I did not care for. They did take the irritation out and helped heal the skin. I know it's kind of strange, but it works very well. Like I said, the application of other aftershaves seem to blend best with the WF and produce an acceptable fragrance that I like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aqua Velva?
    <Ray>Uncle of Chaos Gurl, Captain Excitement and Little Biscuit.