What's new

Brush ideas

Ordered the new B&B Finest, but would like to get a middle of the road brush. Look for something a little longer and Stiffer. No jokes please:001_rolle

Ordered the new B&B Finest, but would like to get a middle of the road brush. Look for something a little longer and Stiffer. No jokes please:001_rolle

What other brushes do you have?

Idea 1: You might consider a savile row in Pure.

btw - when you say longer....are you referring to overall brush length or loft?

The only brush I have is generic it came with a set that had a M3 stand, It was labeled silver tip at the time I thought it was not cheap but now I have learned what you can spend on a brush so it was not cheao but sure was not high. very soft more of a mop. I would like to try something on the stiffer side a little scrubby.

stiff + scrubby + tall + large diameter handle = omega boar

yes it is aromatic :biggrin: and when wet looks like woody woodpecker on a bad hair day, but for $12 what a neat brush to have in the rotation.

stiff + scrubby + tall + large diameter handle = omega boar

yes it is aromatic :biggrin: and when wet looks like woody woodpecker on a bad hair day, but for $12 what a neat brush to have in the rotation.

I was thinking badger, That seems real cheap not that it is bad to be cheap but what about the quality.

The only brush I have is generic it came with a set that had a M3 stand, It was labeled silver tip at the time I thought it was not cheap but now I have learned what you can spend on a brush so it was not cheao but sure was not high. very soft more of a mop. I would like to try something on the stiffer side a little scrubby.

With that being said, I second my recommdation for an SR in pure. I have the 104 and its a fantastic, scrubby brush (but not irritatingly so, and it will actually soften slightly with use). Now, the 104 is one of the smaller of the pure-badgers offered by savile row, there are some larger ones you might consider.

The Omega Professional/Proraso boar is an inexpensive but good boar brush...it was my first decent brush, and I still use it from time to time. Stiff as all let out, but it does soften up a little through use.

With that being said, I second my recommdation for an SR in pure. I have the 104 and its a fantastic, scrubby brush (but not irritatingly so, and it will actually soften slightly with use). Now, the 104 is one of the smaller of the pure-badgers offered by savile row, there are some larger ones you might consider.

Sr is one of the ones I was looking at does vulfix have anything similar or shavemac to compare still looking for a scrubby

Sr is one of the ones I was looking at does vulfix have anything similar or shavemac to compare still looking for a scrubby

I do believe Shavemac carries some scrubbier brushes, but I haven't tried any so can't give you advice on those.

Omega Silvertips will not qualify for "stiff" or "scrubby." An Omega in [true] pure (black tips) would probably do though.

Unfortunately, Simpson brushes may be some of the only ones that qualify for all of your criteria with higher grade badger hair. Otherwise, Joe's suggestion stands.

The Omega pure is a nice stiff brush at a good price from Em's. The black marble handle/black bristle version is a very nice brush for the money.

Top Bottom