What's new

Big boy Deluxe vs Big Fellow

Just curious what the experience is on the shave of the Big Boy deluxe vs the Big Fellow among the lucky few that have had the pleasure to experience both.

I recently picked up a Big Boy Deluxe and the shave is phenomenal. Wondering if I should pursue looking for a Big Fellow in addition.

Cheers

Just happened to catch me on the right week! I've been doing a "week with the Bigs", nothing but Big Fellows and Big Boy DeLuxe all week.

The DeLuxe is the best (to my feel anyway) of the three styles I have (Old Type, New Improved and DeLuxe- I think there also may be a New, but I've not seen one or confirmed they exist yet).

The DeLuxe head is thought by some to be the best shaving head Gillette ever produced. But I am a fan of variety, and love the New Improved and Old Type Big Fellows too. And that reminds me, shot pics of mine couple of days ago, I haven't downloaded (or resized or uploaded) them yet. I'll get on that!

The DeLuxe is the best (to my feel anyway) of the three styles I have (Old Type, New Improved and DeLuxe- I think there also may be a New, but I've not seen one or confirmed they exist yet). ..................

I also have the New Big Boy. It has a slightly shorter handle then the Old Type, New Improved and New Deluxe. It comes in the same metal case as the Deluxe. The Deluxe is less aggressive then the Old Type and New Improved and is a fantastic shaver.

Len

Great, thanks for the info.

Now does anyone have any Big Fellas/boys I can take off their hands :biggrin:

Great, thanks for the info.

Now does anyone have any Big Fellas/boys I can take off their hands :biggrin:

The Old Type will be the most difficult to find as it was made for only a short time. The New Improved is the easiest. You were very lucky to find a Deluxe. They were only made for a short time as well. Just keep an eye out for the large wooden case. I'm lucky I have the correct cases for all four of mine.

Len

The Old Type will be the most difficult to find as it was made for only a short time. The New Improved is the easiest. You were very lucky to find a Deluxe. They were only made for a short time as well. Just keep an eye out for the large wooden case. I'm lucky I have the correct cases for all four of mine.

Len

Got pics? :w00t: I'll be starting a new thread in about 1/2 hour, "post your Big Fellow pics". Just need to get 'em off the camera and prep them....

Another Big Boy Deluxe, with Big Fellows (Old Type and New Improved) in the background.

proxy.php

Wow, T Rick, nice collection of biggies.
Surely you don't need ALL of them :biggrin1:

Need? What is this need you speak of? :laugh: Thanks, I really like these. Kinda went overboard with picking them up, but I certainly "need" the 3 different styles (and I'm still missing the 4th!), and they should be cased (no case for the Old Type yet). And my first (uncased) that was such a bargain won't be going anywhere.... I'll probably keep them all. Just got the cased examples in the last month or so. Half came without blade boxes, but I'd bought a few of those for such an occasion.

BTW, I did shave with every one of them this week :thumbup1:.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Bottom pic:
Front row, 1922 New Improved Big Fellow, New Big Boy DeLuxe, and 1921 Big Fellow Old Type.
Back row, all New Improved Big Fellow's, 1922, 1921 and 1924.

Last edited:
Top Bottom