What's new

Any shaving brushes made in the USA?

I searched "usa" and got nothing! Does such a thing even exist? I'm talking about new, not vintage.

Perhaps some members with more experience "in the field" can attest to this, but I don't think there are any companies still making them in the U.S. I found one on amazon, but its a cheap plastic handle and made by a company that mainly produces cosmetic brushes. Best of luck. It might in fact be easier to re-knot a vintage US brush.

I searched "usa" and got nothing! Does such a thing even exist? I'm talking about new, not vintage.

Finding a big name company in the Usa may pose a challenge. However, you can get some custom made brush here in th U.S. for a great price. Penworks, is a company in Arizona that makes some highly regarded brushes(by members of this forum anyway). Not sure what the actual website address is but if you type penworks in google it will be the first option that pops up.

The US brushes tend to be custom artisan ones.
Europe is where most of the nice manufactured brushes are from. China makes some cheapy brushes that are ok from what I understand

Off Topic: Rudy - Do your two Dachshunds hunt the badgers for your brush knots? :wink2: I must say, it's an appropriate pet for a shaving brush maker.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Off Topic: Rudy - Do your two Dachshunds hunt the badgers for your brush knots? :wink2: I must say, it's an appropriate pet for a shaving brush maker.

No, they are just couch potatoes or better said, bed potatoes.
Nevertheless, our Schnitzel is quite a hunter, though. So far she's got a couple of rabbits, a crow and two Blackbirds - she is incredibly fast and the birds used to tease her - but not long!

Top Bottom