What's new

My newest AD... Perhaps.

Combs! :lol:

proxy.php

It's funny. I found myself looking at some of the combs at classicshaving.com. I was kind of interested in the natural horn ones... not actually buying one mind you. Their page on how they're made fascinated me for some reason. I had never heard/seen of those types of combs before. Cool stuff.

That said, good luck with your potential new AD. For myself, my hair style doesn't really necessitate a comb. I just put some product in and move it around in the general direction I'd like my hair to go. It pretty much cares for itself in that way.

As a daily comb user and liking the better things in life, I too have long ago been bitten by CAD. In my case, it started just after college (that's over 30 years ago). I've got a pair of Kents, and a no-name (but hand-made and saw cut) one that I travel with.

For those of you who use a comb and have never experienced the difference between a plastic molded one and a saw-cut, hand polished version I can tell you this: you will be able to tell the difference blindfolded. When I use a molded plastic comb, I almost wince - it feels like it's slicing my scalp open with each pass:eek:. A good comb just glides effortlessly and painlessly through your hair. BLISS!:biggrin:

I agree. The combs are so much better it isn't even funny! I'll be adding these to two I already have, a Kent and another called Fosta.

I see others ask when going to a distant country what to look for in terms of shaving supplies, I'd say keep an eye out for combs as well if you hate what you have, or want something better! :thumbup:

For all the time and effort I spend messing it the hair on my face, I spend no time dealing with that on top of my head. I haven't had a comb since I stopped getting grade school pictures taken of me.

For all the time and effort I spend messing it the hair on my face, I spend no time dealing with that on top of my head. I haven't had a comb since I stopped getting grade school pictures taken of me.

I haven't had a comb since 2005, which is when I gave in to the encroaching baldness and started clipping it down to 1/16" or so. :crying: :lol:

The only part of my body that I can comb is....my back hair!!:rolleyes: Cool collection anyway!

Last edited:
Now I just have to make sure I don't lose said collection. I usually don't misplace or lose things, but combs are high on my list for being misplaced or lost. :scared:

I have a really nice folding pocket comb from Kent that I love. I also have a Kent Woodyhog for use at home. Granted, that's not a comb, but it's in the same general area.

Top Bottom