What's new

Ads again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know moderators dont directly control ads, but…

these new “Swamify” ads are so oppressive, I cannot click on the post a new thread button in the BST Forum. The ads obscure lots of the oage, and I see no way to “close” them.

Can anyone help?
thanks

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I can help you with this, simply take your pick of one of these easy solutions:

1. Don't visit the site
2. Get an ad blocker, many very good quality ones are available free.
3. Become a contributor

They don’t even “load” for me, just obstruct most of the page with white shapes. I finally had to pony up the copper membership fee.

I have had the same for a few days now and the swarmify stuff is up permanently, not once in a while like it used to. This is how my screen looks all the time….

6F734408-F58C-4C80-AF9D-C9211B313B52.png

I don't have any skin in this game, as a contributer. But, lots of *successful* websites have figured out how to serve ads without completely destroying the user experience or making the site unusable. And yes, Phil (or whoever comes along to lock the thread), I know. It's ownership's choice. I just wish they cared enough to engage a decent ad vendor.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't think there is anyone here who hates these ads MORE than I do.
I truly wish that I could eliminate them independently or use an ad partner that gave one tiny bit of care that their ads are likely driving their own potential customers away in fits of frustration.

Having said that...

There ARE solutions. One can find a solution (some mentioned here, some mentioned in other threads and some mentioned in the link below), or one can try to live with the problem and complain without result but ultimately expect no change unless that change is made by the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom